Town Clock, Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. Around 1925
The clock tower was built in the 1830s, along with the two, single-storey, market houses on either side of it. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled 'Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots', given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925. He was well known in Cornwall and elsewhere during the 1920s and 1930s for his presentations of stills and cine film to many groups including The Royal Institution of Cornwall, Royal Cornwall Polytechnic Society and the London Cornish Society. The quarter plate slides which he took prolifically with his 'ordinary camera' are, in many cases, colour. These were painted by his own hand to great effect.