Skip to main content

Trending

Choose a picture from our Trending collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Lostwithiel CP School football team, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. February 1990
Lostwithiel CP School football team, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. February 1990
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Opening ceremony of the Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall
Opening ceremony of the Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Tremough Lodge, Tremough Estate, Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Tremough Lodge, Tremough Estate, Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Tremough House, Tremough Estate, Penryn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Tremough House, Tremough Estate, Penryn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Tremough Lodge, Tremough Estate, Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured Print

Tremough Lodge, Tremough Estate, Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

View showing the front entrance of Tremough Lodge on Treliever Road. There is a young girl walking near the entrance. The estate is named after the Tremough family who lived on the site from the 1300s to 1600s. Grade II listed, Tremough House was built in 1704 by John Worth, Sheriff of Cornwall. The house was also the private residence of several other families over the centuries, including John Tilly, Benjamin Sampson and William Shilson, as well as being home to the Tremough Academy for Young Gentlemen a short period. Tremough served as a convent for the Order of Les Filles de la Croix from 1943 to 1997. The estate was purchased in 1999 by the combined Universities in Cornwall group and was developed into the Penryn Campus for Falmouth University and the University of Exeter. The Lodge was added by Benjamin Sampson during the 19th century. Photographer: Probably Arthur William Jordan but possibly Arthur Philp

© From the collection of the RIC