Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Agriculture Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 44 pictures in our Agriculture collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Group photograph with members of the First World War Women's Land Army, Tregavethan Farm, Truro, Cornwall. 1917 Featured Print

Group photograph with members of the First World War Women's Land Army, Tregavethan Farm, Truro, Cornwall. 1917

Women's Land Army Girls grouped in front of a hay cart with a soldier, Mr Alfred Martin (Tregavethan's owner, holding the dog's paw), Mrs Martin (seated directly behind the dog) and a nurse in uniform. The names of the girls are unknown and their uniforms consist of boots, gaiters, felt hats and pale fabric overalls. Some of the girls are wearing black armbands. Tregavethan was a Women's Land Army training centre during the First World War. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan.

© From the collection of the RIC

Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972 Featured Print

Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972

Lower Greadow Farm, showing the remains of a medieval monastery building which belonged to Tywardreath Priory. The farm is in Luxulyan Parish and the parish boundary runs close to the eastern side of the farm. According to 1888 and 1908 Ordnance Survey maps it was known as Lower Gready. Two nearby farms to the east were known as Middle Gready and Higher Gready, both of these being east of the parish boundary in Lanlivery Parish. At some time since then the word Gready has been changed to Greadow. A granite stone outside Higher Greadow Farm still reads Higher Gready Farm. A young boy looks at the photographer from the doorway of the farmhouse. An aerial view from Google Maps (2019) suggests that some of the remains have since been removed. Photographer: Charles Woolf.

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

Cattle market, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. 1973 Featured Print

Cattle market, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. 1973

A view of the cattle market when empty. The cattle market was situated off North Street in an area now occupied the town car park, which is entered from Restormel Road. Markets have been held in Lostwithiel since the 12th century. What sort of markets is not clear, but prior to the cattle market being opened they were held in Queens Street. The site was formerly known as the old iron mine site, containing the mines offices off North Street. These in turn became the cattle market offices and the market opened in 1908. By the 1930s most farmers were using motor transport and the single entrance at North Street was becoming problematic, forcing some farmers to park their vehicles on Quay Street and drive their cattle through the town via Monmouth Lane (formerly known as Tram Lane) to the Market. The former tramway ran from Restormel Iron Mine, above and near Restormel Castle, down to the harbour in Quay Road, passing through the cattle market site, across North Street into Monmouth Lane across Fore Street, along Quay Street and under the railway bridge into what later became a public park. By 1973 the market was heavily subsidised and it eventually closed in 1976. The sheds in the the photograph are standing on what was the tramway track bed, running right to left. Opposite the sheds, out of picture, are the market offices. They were formerly the iron mine offices, or Count House, which had been modernised for the cattle market administration. The offices still stand today, but have been altered and are used for modern functions. Photographer: Charles Woolf.

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf