Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Boats Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 148 pictures in our Boats collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Prussia Cove looking seaward, St Hilary, Cornwall. Around 1925 Featured Print

Prussia Cove looking seaward, St Hilary, Cornwall. Around 1925

Prussia Cove is named after a smuggler, John Carter, who referred to himself as the King of Prussia'. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925. He was well known in Cornwall and elsewhere during the 1920s and 1930s for his presentations of stills and cine film to many groups including The Royal Institution of Cornwall, Royal Cornwall Polytechnic Society and the London Cornish Society. The quarter plate slides which he took prolifically with his ordinary camera are, in many cases, colour. These were painted by his own hand to great effect

© From the collection of the RIC

Art gallery, Cornwall County Fisheries Exhibition, Truro, Cornwall. July to August 1893 Featured Print

Art gallery, Cornwall County Fisheries Exhibition, Truro, Cornwall. July to August 1893

A view of the art gallery, with tables and chairs in the centre of the gallery. The art exhibition included work by the artist Dorothy Worden. The exhibition site was a field at the top of Lemon Street and the exhibition ran from 25th July 1893 for a month. An advert placed in The Cornishman on 7th September 1893 states that the materials used in the construction of the exhibition buildings were to be sold by public auction on 20th September 1893 at The Green in Truro. Number 5 in a series of glass lantern slides recording the Fisheries Exhibition. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Polruan, Lanteglos by Fowey Cornwall. 1904 Featured Print

Polruan, Lanteglos by Fowey Cornwall. 1904

This view of Polruan was taken from the window of Fowey Hotel and shows the village on the hillside with the Fowey Estuary in the foreground. A small sailing boat is amongst the vessels on the river. The ruin of St Saviour's church, which dates to the 8th century, can be seen on the hill above Polruan. Clearly visible is the blockhouse fortification, built in the 14th century, that guards the entrance to the River Fowey. The blockhouse is one of a pair, it's partner being situated on the Fowey side of the river. A defensive chain was strung between the two blockhouses to prevent enemy ships entering the harbour, with the chain being lowered for friendly vessels. This was primarily used during the wars with the Dutch. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

© From the collection of the RIC