Skip to main content

Cross Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 9 pictures in our Cross collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


St Clether Chapel, Cornwall. June 1925
St Clether Chapel, Cornwall. June 1925
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
3rd DCLI recruiting march, The Lizard, Landewednack, Cornwall. 29th June 1915
3rd DCLI recruiting march, The Lizard, Landewednack, Cornwall. 29th June 1915
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Close-up view of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill
Close-up view of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
The Holy Well at St Clether Chapel, Cornwall. Date unknown but probably early 1900s
The Holy Well at St Clether Chapel, Cornwall. Date unknown but probably early 1900s
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Porthleven, Cornwall. 14th June 1915
Porthleven, Cornwall. 14th June 1915
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
3rd DCLI recruiting march at Lizard Green, Landewednack, Cornwall. 29th June 1915
3rd DCLI recruiting march at Lizard Green, Landewednack, Cornwall. 29th June 1915
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Gwennap Pit, Gwennap, Cornwall. Probably 1931
Gwennap Pit, Gwennap, Cornwall. Probably 1931
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill
Unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Perranporth Carnival, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Around 1920s
Perranporth Carnival, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Around 1920s
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Gwennap Pit, Gwennap, Cornwall. Probably 1931 Featured Print

Gwennap Pit, Gwennap, Cornwall. Probably 1931

A solitary figure of a man at the bottom of the Pit. There is a house on the right and another building on the left. An open air amphitheatre near Redruth made famous by John Wesley the founder of Methodism, John Wesley first visited Gwennap Pit on 5th September 1762. At this time it was described as a relic of mining activities in the area, with a rock face covered in vegetation by the 1760s. In 1766 Wesley described it as "a round green hollow gently shelving down" and as "a natural amphitheatre". In November 1806 a mining engineer Richard Michell of Gwennap and four mine Captains: John Martin, John Dennis, W. Davey and T. Trestrail met at Busveal and agreed to repair Gwennap Pit or rather reconstruct the amphitheatre in respect to and in memory of John Wesley who had died in 1791. Between 1762 and 1789 John Wesley preached at Gwennap Pit eighteen times. The amphitheatre has twelve staged rings top to bottom. It is claimed that walking around all twelve levels top to bottom is equal to one mile and that it can hold 1,500 people. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC