Skip to main content

Decorations Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 7 pictures in our Decorations collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


A view of the living room in Samuel John Govier s house, Chacewater, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A view of the living room in Samuel John Govier s house, Chacewater, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Christmas lights, Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd November 2018
Christmas lights, Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd November 2018
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Royal Naval Auxiliary Hospital, Truro, Cornwall. Christmas 1916
Royal Naval Auxiliary Hospital, Truro, Cornwall. Christmas 1916
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1911
Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1911
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Royal Naval Auxiliary Hospital, St Clement, Truro, Cornwall. Christmas 1916
Royal Naval Auxiliary Hospital, St Clement, Truro, Cornwall. Christmas 1916
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Christmas Lights, Fowey, Cornwall. December 1991
Christmas Lights, Fowey, Cornwall. December 1991
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1911
Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1911
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Christmas lights, Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd November 2018 Featured Print

Christmas lights, Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd November 2018

A view of Royal Cornwall Museum decorated in Christmas lights. The lights were switched on the day before at the same time as the City of Lights, Truro's midwinter lantern festival, moved through the streets. The museum, art gallery and library was officially opened by the Prince of Wales on 11th June 1919. Prior to this date, the collections of the Royal Institution of Cornwall had been housed in part of the former home of the Vivian family in Union Place, Truro. The main part of the museum building seen today was formerly Truro Savings Bank, built in 1847. The Savings Bank closed in 1894 and became Henderson's School of Mining in 1897. The School of Mining closed in 1907 and the Royal Institution of Cornwall purchased the building in 1908 to house their growing collections. The right hand part of the building was formerly Truro Baptist Chapel, built in 1850. The chapel was purchased by the RIC in 1985 as an extension to the museum. Extensive refurbishment and additions followed, including the link building. An upper floor was added to the Baptist Chapel creating the Treffry gallery. The architect of both original buildings was Philip Sambell (1798-1874). Photographer: Nicki Foley

© RIC, photographer Nicki Foley