Skip to main content

Ecclesiastical Collection

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: St Marys Church, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1870

St Marys Church, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1870
The west front of St Marys Church. View taken from the High Cross end looking towards St Marys Street. A very early photograph. The parish church of St Mary the Virgin was first consecrated in 1259

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: General view of St Pirans Oratory with railings, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1905

General view of St Pirans Oratory with railings, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1905
A view of the Oratory exposed in the dunes and surrounded by the Victorian railings. Taken before the excavations of 1910

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: St Michaels Church, Porthilly, St Minver, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s

St Michaels Church, Porthilly, St Minver, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s
Small boats on Porthilly beach with St Michaels Church in the background. Photographer: Unknown

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Slate altar tomb of Hugh Vashmond, Quethiock parish church, Quethiock, Cornwall. 1931

Slate altar tomb of Hugh Vashmond, Quethiock parish church, Quethiock, Cornwall. 1931
A memorial slab / tomb slab for Hugh Vashmond (died 1599) located in the south east corner of the north aisle of the parish church of Quethiock: St Hugh

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: T. F. G. Dexter at St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 13th September 1920

T. F. G. Dexter at St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 13th September 1920
Thomas Francis George Dexter (c. 1860-1933), the Antiquarian, standing by the entrance at the Oratory. St Pirans Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: St Pirans Oratory during construction of the concrete shell, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910

St Pirans Oratory during construction of the concrete shell, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910
A good crowd viewing the site during the building of the concrete protective shell in 1910. The site hut can be seen left of centre

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Men working at the excavation of St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910

Men working at the excavation of St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910
A view of men working on the 1910 excavations of the Oratory with a bell tent in the background. St Pirans Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: St Constantine Chapel, St Merryn, Cornwall. Undated, probably early 1900s

St Constantine Chapel, St Merryn, Cornwall. Undated, probably early 1900s
A view of the ruins of the shale and slate stone medieval Constantine Chapel showing the entrance arch. It is Grade II listed

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: St Constantine chapel remains, St Merryn, Cornwall. 1906

St Constantine chapel remains, St Merryn, Cornwall. 1906
A view of the ruins of the shale and slate stone medieval St Constantine chapel with two men standing to the side. The chapel is Grade II listed

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Font, Church of St Sithney, Sithney, Cornwall. Date unknown but probably early 1900s

Font, Church of St Sithney, Sithney, Cornwall. Date unknown but probably early 1900s
The font in Sithney Parish Church. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: The Norman font, Church of St Sithney, Sithney, Cornwall. April 1935

The Norman font, Church of St Sithney, Sithney, Cornwall. April 1935
The Norman font with rounded granite bowl from Carnmenellis around 1919. Said to be the original font taken away by Captain Rogers to Carnmenellis. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Bishop Frere in procession to St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Between 1923 and 1935

Bishop Frere in procession to St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Between 1923 and 1935
A procession arriving at the oratory for a service under Bishop Frere. St Pirans Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: A view of St Pirans Oratory surrounded by railings, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Between 1890s and 1910

A view of St Pirans Oratory surrounded by railings, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Between 1890s and 1910
A general view looking south of the oratory surrounded by the iron railings which were erected in the 1890s. This is before the excavations of 1910

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: St Petroc Minor Church interior, Little Petherick, Cornwall. 1968

St Petroc Minor Church interior, Little Petherick, Cornwall. 1968
View north-east from south-west of south aisle showing the font, pews, rood screen and vaulted ceiling. The church is a Grade I listed building with 14th century origins

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Coffin lid, Church of St Sithney, Sithney, Cornwall. April 1935

Coffin lid, Church of St Sithney, Sithney, Cornwall. April 1935
The granite lid of a coffin with flared Latin cross resting against the inside of the North wall. Said to be the coffin of the founder of the 13th century Priory of St John of Sithney parish

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Lecture by Thurstan Peter at St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 29th August 1910

Lecture by Thurstan Peter at St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 29th August 1910
Historian and author Thurstan Peter with the audience at his lecture at the Oratory on 29th August 1910. St Pirans Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: A view of St Pirans Oratory under the new concrete shell, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall

A view of St Pirans Oratory under the new concrete shell, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910 or soon after
A view of the oratory under the new concrete preserving shell built after the excavations of 1910. Note the Victorian railings which have been dragged to one side

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: A distant view of Bishop Frere in procession to St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall

A distant view of Bishop Frere in procession to St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Between 1923 and 1935
A distant view of a procession crossing the dunes to the oratory for a service under Bishop Frere. St Pirans Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: A view of the excavation of St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910

A view of the excavation of St Pirans Oratory, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910
A general view of the 1910 excavations of the Oratory with the site hut in the foreground. St Pirans Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing

Background imageEcclesiastical Collection: Mission church, Idless, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Mission church, Idless, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Exterior view of the church in Kenwyn parish. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping