Skip to main content
emoji_people
Please order early for Christmas to avoid disappointment. More details here...
card_giftcard
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Education Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 28 pictures in our Education collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Royal Cornwall Museums activity table at the Royal Cornwall Show, Royal Cornwall Showground, Whitecross, Wadebridge, Cornwall. 8th June 2018 Featured Print

Royal Cornwall Museums activity table at the Royal Cornwall Show, Royal Cornwall Showground, Whitecross, Wadebridge, Cornwall. 8th June 2018

Visitors enjoying Royal Cornwall Museum's activity table in the heritage tent at the Royal Cornwall Show. One of a series of digital images documenting the Royal Institution of Cornwall's participation in the Royal Cornwall Show held by the Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association on 6th to 8th June 2018. The Royal Cornwall Museum and Courtney Library were outside the walls at the Royal Cornwall Show and took part in the Prince's Countryside Parade to celebrate their patron, His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall's 70th birthday which included over 70 dancers from the Truro based dance academy Jason Thomas Dance performing for the museum to great acclaim. There was also a pop up exhibition in the heritage tent with a new "Trunk of Curiosities", alongside hands on activities. The museum also had the opportunity to highlight the photographic collection to evoke memories of shows gone by with pictures of the Royal Cornwall Show from 1908 onwards. The parade was organised by The Prince's Countryside Fund, a charity established by the Prince of Wales in 2010 which aims to enhance the prospects of family farm businesses and the quality of rural life. In total, 70 patronages came together in a unique and colourful parade highlighting their work and achievements to date. The event showcased broad themes including wildlife and conservation, native breeds, food and farming, and heritage and skills. The event was attended by both the Duke of Cornwall, who became patron of the Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association in 2002, and the Duchess of Cornwall, who became vice president in 2011. Photographer: Nicki Foley

© RIC

The Old Grammar School, Queen Street, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. 18th April 1965 Featured Print

The Old Grammar School, Queen Street, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. 18th April 1965

The photograph shows the front elevation of the Grammar School in a dilapidated condition after years of neglect. Situated on Queen Street is a granite facade on which there is the Coat of Arms of Viscount Mount Edgcumbe and Valletort (Valletort being the title inherited on the death of a relative in Plymouth). This is the only remaining part of the Old Grammar School which was built by Lord Edgcumbe in 1781. The building was erected over the former Market Hall, with the upstairs intended for an Assembly Room and Concert Hall. However, became the Grammar Schoolroom instead. The Corporation paid twenty pounds per year, which enabled it to nominate six local boys to be educated free. The Grammar School closed in 1842, but schooling on the premises continued with a Writing or Commercial School until the end of the 19th century. It has had many uses since, including balls, concerts and meetings. Soup kitchens were run from the building in 1898-1899 and again during the Depression in the 1920s-1930s. Before the town had a cinema, silent movies were shown in the upstairs room and school children were taught the art of butter-making. The Sherwood Foresters were billeted there during the First World War and the Town Band later used the building for their practice room. The forecourt was used as a garage for repairs, car hire and petrol sales for over 20 years until the Second World War when it was used to billet US soldiers. After many years of neglect and disrepair, a redevelopment scheme provided sixteen flats for local senior citizens. This development retained the old facade and opened on 15th September 1981. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf