Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Farming Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 60 pictures in our Farming collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Group photograph with members of the First World War Women's Land Army, Tregavethan Farm, Truro, Cornwall. 1917 Featured Print

Group photograph with members of the First World War Women's Land Army, Tregavethan Farm, Truro, Cornwall. 1917

Women's Land Army Girls grouped in front of a hay cart with a soldier, Mr Alfred Martin (Tregavethan's owner, holding the dog's paw), Mrs Martin (seated directly behind the dog) and a nurse in uniform. The names of the girls are unknown and their uniforms consist of boots, gaiters, felt hats and pale fabric overalls. Some of the girls are wearing black armbands. Tregavethan was a Women's Land Army training centre during the First World War. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan.

© From the collection of the RIC

Threshing corn at an unidentified location in Cornwall. Probably 1900s Featured Print

Threshing corn at an unidentified location in Cornwall. Probably 1900s

A Traction Engine on the left of the picture, provides the power via a long belt from it's fly wheel to the threshing machine on the right of the picture. Five men can be seen working on and around the threshing machine, while four children watch from a safe distance supervised by an older man. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC

Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972 Featured Print

Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972

Lower Greadow Farm, showing the remains of a medieval monastery building which belonged to Tywardreath Priory. The farm is in Luxulyan Parish and the parish boundary runs close to the eastern side of the farm. According to 1888 and 1908 Ordnance Survey maps it was known as Lower Gready. Two nearby farms to the east were known as Middle Gready and Higher Gready, both of these being east of the parish boundary in Lanlivery Parish. At some time since then the word Gready has been changed to Greadow. A granite stone outside Higher Greadow Farm still reads Higher Gready Farm. A young boy looks at the photographer from the doorway of the farmhouse. An aerial view from Google Maps (2019) suggests that some of the remains have since been removed. Photographer: Charles Woolf.

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf