Skip to main content

Gentry Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 6 pictures in our Gentry collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Morval House, Morval, near Looe, Cornwall. Around 1890
Morval House, Morval, near Looe, Cornwall. Around 1890
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Morval House, Morval, near Looe, Cornwall. 1961
Morval House, Morval, near Looe, Cornwall. 1961
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Sir Charles Lemon with his niece Louisa Ann Dyke, Carclew House, Mylor, Cornwall
Sir Charles Lemon with his niece Louisa Ann Dyke, Carclew House, Mylor, Cornwall
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Pentillie Castle, Pillaton, Cornwall. 1975
Pentillie Castle, Pillaton, Cornwall. 1975
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Rashleigh almshouses, Polmear, Tywardreath, Cornwall, 1959
Rashleigh almshouses, Polmear, Tywardreath, Cornwall, 1959
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Tregothnan House, St Michael Penkivel, Cornwall. 20th April 1909
Tregothnan House, St Michael Penkivel, Cornwall. 20th April 1909
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Sir Charles Lemon with his niece Louisa Ann Dyke, Carclew House, Mylor, Cornwall. Around 1860 Featured Print

Sir Charles Lemon with his niece Louisa Ann Dyke, Carclew House, Mylor, Cornwall. Around 1860

Sir Charles Lemon (1784-1868) of Carclew House, a Cornish mine owner, Member of Parliament for Penryn and Sheriff of Cornwall. Taken at his home, Carclew House, his niece, Louisa Ann Dyke (1806-1861) stands beside him. The photograph is mounted on cartridge paper with a handwritten label below "Believe me yrs affecly L A Dyke". Originally owned by the Bonython family, Carclew House and estate were purchased by William Lemon (1696-1760) in 1749 who employed the architect Thomas Edwards to enlarge and modernise the house in the style of Palladio's Villa Ragona. The house was further extended by Sir William Lemon (1748-1824) in the early 19th century by architect William Wood. It was destroyed by fire in 1934 but one wing was restored in the late 1930s to house refugees. There are a few ruins preserved. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC