Skip to main content

Miners Collection

Background imageMiners Collection: Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1893

Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1893
The Man Engine at 234 fathoms level below adit, in 1893. The man engine went down to the 314 fathom level. Miners can be seen standing on the steps of the engine rod while others stand on solars or

Background imageMiners Collection: Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1893

Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1893
The Man Engine at 234 fathoms level below adit, in 1893. The man engine went down to the 314 fathom level. Miners can be seen standing on the steps of the engine rod while others stand on solars or

Background imageMiners Collection: Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1831

Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1831
Engraving " Dolcoath Copper Mine" of 1831 from Cornwall Illustrated showing the 76" engine house with capstan alongside, together with a launder and bal maidens

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. Around 1900

East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. Around 1900
Group of miners in the 70 level, including the photographers wife and son. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1892

East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1892
Croust time ; croust is a Cornish term for lunch. The image includes the photographers son, front row, second from left, with nine miners. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: Cornish wrestling group, Randfontein, Transvaal, South Africa. Around 1900

Cornish wrestling group, Randfontein, Transvaal, South Africa. Around 1900
Cornish wrestlers, officials, trophies and prizes pictured outside what appears to be the Transvaal miners sports clubhouse

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1893

East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1893
Working at 180 level. The photograph was taken by John Charles Burrow on the same occasion as a similar view published in Mongst Mines and Miners (1893)

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1895

East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1895
General surface view with telepherage line carrying hoppers. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: Pednandrea stamps and mine dressing floor at Wheal Sparnon, Redruth, Cornwall. 1865

Pednandrea stamps and mine dressing floor at Wheal Sparnon, Redruth, Cornwall. 1865
The area in the photograph is now covered by Clinton Road, Park Road and Albany Road, Redruth. According to the Ordnance Survey Six Inch map Cornwall LXIII

Background imageMiners Collection: Surface Workers, Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1890s

Surface Workers, Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1890s
Dolcoath Mine showing the New East shaft on the right, with bal maidens and overseer. Part of the A.K. Hamilton Jenkin collection. Photographer: Unknown

Background imageMiners Collection: Carn Brea Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. Around 1900

Carn Brea Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. Around 1900
Stoping the lode in the 285 level, pare of 10 miners. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: King Edward VII Mine, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall. 27th November 1903

King Edward VII Mine, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall. 27th November 1903
Students working underground at an unknown depth at King Edward VII mine, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. Late 1800s

East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. Late 1800s
Old underground workings. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: Driving an end at East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1893

Driving an end at East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1893
Driving an end with a box drill mounted in a stretcher. Copy photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageMiners Collection: Surface workers at Wheal Sparnon dressing floor, Redruth, Cornwall. Around 1865

Surface workers at Wheal Sparnon dressing floor, Redruth, Cornwall. Around 1865
The engine house and two chimneys can be seen in the background. The area in the photograph is now covered by Clinton Road, Park Road and Albany Road, Redruth

Background imageMiners Collection: South Crofty Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1871

South Crofty Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1871
Palmers shaft and birthplace of Richard Trevithick. Photographer: Unknown

Background imageMiners Collection: Goolds Shaft, Wheal Grenville Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1911

Goolds Shaft, Wheal Grenville Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1911
Goolds shaft with Old Stamps house in background. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1893

East Pool Mine, Illogan, Cornwall. 1893
Boring an upper. Before the introduction of compressed air drills, all drilling had to be done by hand. Holes were needed in all directions and boring an upper, as seen in this image

Background imageMiners Collection: East Pool Mine, Illogan Cornwall. 1900-1909

East Pool Mine, Illogan Cornwall. 1900-1909
Surface view of East Pool mine works, from East Pool stamps. Photographer: John Charles Burrow or Herbert Hughes

Background imageMiners Collection: Two miners drilling with dust laying spray. King Edward Mine, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall

Two miners drilling with dust laying spray. King Edward Mine, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall. Around 1900
Drilling with dust laying spray at King Edward Mine, Williams Lode. In 1897 part of the property was transferred to Camborne School of Mines as the (later) King Edward VII mine

Background imageMiners Collection: King Edward Mine, Williams Lode, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall. Around 1900

King Edward Mine, Williams Lode, South Condurrow, Camborne, Cornwall. Around 1900
Students driving an end at the 340 level. In 1897 part of the property was transferred to Camborne School of Mines as the (later) King Edward VII mine. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

Background imageMiners Collection: South Condurrow Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1904

South Condurrow Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1904
Miners using a hard rock drill underground. Part of South Condurrow mine was transferred in 1897 to Camborne School of Mines as the later King Edward VII mine which was used by students at


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping