The King of Prussia Inn, Fowey, Cornwall. Post 1909
A view of The King of Prussia Inn after its rebuilding in 1886, showing the third floor added at the time of the rebuilding. The steps were added in 1909 by Walter Hicks (St Austell Brewery). The Inn is thought to have been named after the smuggler and privateer John Carter, nicknamed "The King of Prussia Cove", who is thought to have lived here in the 1780s. Fowey Town Hall is to the left of the Inn and Fowey Parish Church, St Fimbarrus, is in the background. Photographer: A.W.N.
© From the collection of the RIC