The Royal Visit by the Prince and Princess of Wales, Grampound Road, Cornwall. 15th July 1903
The Royal visit in 1903 by the Prince of Wales (later King George V) and Princess Mary, leaving the station at Grampound Road in an open carriage. The Royal train arrived from Paddington and the Royal couple stayed at Tregothnan, St Michael Penkivel, for the dedication of the nave of Truro Cathedral. Tregothnan has been home to the Boscawen family since 1334. The house was rebuilt by Edward Boscawen (1787-1841), fourth Viscount and First Earl of Falmouth, near the site of an older mansion. Photographer: Unknown.
© From the collection of the RIC