Exhibition entrance, Cornwall County Fisheries Exhibition, Truro, Cornwall. July to August 1893
View showing the castellated entrance of the Fisheries Exhibition. The site of the exhibition was a field at the top of Lemon Street and the exhibition ran from 25th July 1893 for a month. The Royal Coat of Arms for the United Kingdom can be seen underneath the entrance archway with the Lion Rampant of Scotland, the Imperial Crown and Celtic harp of Ireland above. Three flags are flying, including the Union Jack flag in the centre. An advert placed in The Cornishman on 7th September 1893 states that the materials used in the construction of the exhibition buildings were to be sold by public auction on 20th September 1893 at The Green in Truro. Number 1 in a series of glass lantern slides recording the Fisheries Exhibition. Photographer: Unknown.
© From the collection of the RIC