Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Train Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 39 pictures in our Train collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


View of Gwinear Road station looking west, Cornwall. Possibly at the opening of the Helston branch line on 9th May 1887 Featured Print

View of Gwinear Road station looking west, Cornwall. Possibly at the opening of the Helston branch line on 9th May 1887

'This photograph was probably taken on 9th May 1887, the opening day of the Helston branch line. Every part of the railway infrastructure in view is in almost perfect condition, having been newly installed for the creation of the new junction station. The stone work to the platforms and the locking room has obviously only recently been laid. Even the staff are well turned out. The main line retains the mixed gauge, albeit relaid with cross-sleepered track, whilst the branch line bay has been laid in narrow gauge only. The bay continues beyond the station, to a buffer stop built against the newly cut back end of the original cutting side. The branch line engine is in attendance, almost certainly a 517 class 0-4-2T, complete with polished brass dome. The contrasting painting schemes of the Signal & Telegraph department, responsible for the signal box next to the crossing, and that of the station buildings are clearly evident. In particular the signal box windows sashes are white, whereas those on the station are darker, probably brown. The signal box barge boards are relatively dark when compared with the wall boarding, whilst those on the station appear considerably lighter. The signals are the standard G.W.R. type which was to survive for many years, although at this period only single red spectacle plates were fitted, "all right" being indicated simply by the white light" Information from: The Broad Gauge In Cornwall. M. Jolly & P. Garnsworthy. Gwinear Road station with a locomotive on the Helston branch line with her crew and members of the station staff. Advertising on the station includes 'The Angel Hotel, Helston', 'W & A Gilbey' and 'Moon & Sons'

© From the collection of the RIC

Victoria Gardens, Truro, Cornwall. Probably around 1910 Featured Print

Victoria Gardens, Truro, Cornwall. Probably around 1910

The Bandstand in Victoria Gardens with the new Carvedras Viaduct in the background. The all stone structure replaced Isambard Kingdom Brunel's original timber fanned viaduct in 1902, the piers of which are still visible. The fountain, which was removed from Boscawen Street after the First World War, is not yet in place. In the background can be seen the Parish church of St George the Martyr, built in 1855. The chimney stacks of Carvedras Smelting Works, with Carvedras House in front, are clearly visible. Truro Railway Station can be seen on the skyline to the left. A boy is standing posed for the photographer, to the right of the bandstand. Victoria Gardens was created to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC

Liskeard and Looe Railway Staff, Wagon Repair Works, Moorswater, Liskeard, Cornwall. December 1908 Featured Print

Liskeard and Looe Railway Staff, Wagon Repair Works, Moorswater, Liskeard, Cornwall. December 1908

This staff photograph was taken outside the doors of the wagon repair works at Moorswater in December 1908. Operation of the line was taken over by Great Western Railway (GWR) in 1909 and not all members of staff transferred to GWR. The names and occupations of each person is printed on the mount. Front row, from left to right: W. Hocking, cleaner; Mr W.H. Johns, cartage agent; Mr E. Hunter, goods clerk; Mr H. Hawes, stationmaster, Looe; Mr S. Bolton, locomotive superintendent; Mr H.H. Holbrook, superintendent of the line; Inspector Scantlebury, permanent way; Mr A. Burridge, stationmaster, Liskeard; Mr Morgan, superintendent's clerk; A. Richards, parcels clerk; J. Prout, striker. Second row, from left to right: J. Ough, relief carman; H. Cox, carman; H. Menhenick, passenger guard; R. Bassett, porter signalman; T. Bowden, porter signalman; J. Cole, fitter; A. Stephens, goods guard; J. Husband, porter signalman; E. Marsh, signalman; W.H. Pengelly, porter signalman; C. Colmer, lamp lad; R. Grant, carriage cleaner; J. Carne, blacksmith. Third row, from left to right: M. Harris, cleaner; P. Turner, painter; W. Martin, platelayer; J. Martin, ganger; J. Sambells, ganger; W. Symons, fireman; W. Vincent, driver; W. Chaston, driver; H. Menhenick, fireman; R. Miller, driver; Albert Bray, fireman; J. Toms, ganger; H. Medland, linesman; W.J. Godfrey Junior, carpenter; W.J. Godfrey, carpenter. Fourth row, from left to right: S. Tamblin, platelayer; T.H. Davey, platelayer; R. Bennett, platelayer; J. Hancock, platelayer; J. Horrell, platelayer; J. Wilton, platelayer; J. Crabb, platelayer; J. Hunkin, ganger; W. Moore, platelayer; W. Kennedy, platelayer; J. Cannon, platelayer; H. Hancock, platelayer; J. Harvey, platelayer; J. Symons, shed man. Photographer: John Henry Coath.

© From the collection of the RIC