Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Victorian Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 265 pictures in our Victorian collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Coombe, Cowlands Creek, Kea, Cornwall. Between 1908 and 1924 Featured Print

Coombe, Cowlands Creek, Kea, Cornwall. Between 1908 and 1924

A view of the Reading Room and cottages at Coombe, on Cowlands Creek. A lady looks out from the front door of Holly Cottage. The Reading Room, the timber building with a corrugated galvanised steel roof, was built in 1908 and looks recently constructed. The newspapers for the Reading Room were provided by Miss Daubuz of Killiow Estate. The two thatched cottages to the left of Holly Cottage, Moor Close and Bunny Thatch, were demolished between the First and Second World Wars. The photograph was taken before construction of the road in 1924. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

Schoolmaster working as a mason, St Stephen in Brannel, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured Print

Schoolmaster working as a mason, St Stephen in Brannel, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The original title is "Schoolmaster working as a mason". However, there are two possibilities. This could be the schoolmaster's home and he has some form of house renovation being undertaken inside the house, which he is doing some labouring to help out. The other possibility is that he has taken delivery of house coal and is in the the process of breaking it up and storing it at the rear of the property. Note the narrow wooden miner's type wheelbarrow to his right. This had a steel wheel and was common in Cornish gardens into the 1950s and 1960s. Also in the background is a barrel on wheels. The schoolmaster is using a long handled Cornish shovel. Photographer: Canon Henry Holroyd Mills

© From the collection of the RIC

Gwennap Pit, Busveal, Cornwall. Around 1900 Featured Print

Gwennap Pit, Busveal, Cornwall. Around 1900

A church service at Gwennap Pit on a hot day. Numerous umbrellas are being used in the crowd to give shade from the sun. An open air amphitheatre near Redruth made famous by John Wesley the founder of Methodism, John Wesley first visited Gwennap Pit on 5th September 1762. At this time it was described as a relic of mining activities in the area, with a rock face covered in vegetation by the 1760s. In 1766 Wesley described it as "a round green hollow gently shelving down" and as "a natural amphitheatre". In November 1806 a mining engineer Richard Michell of Gwennap and four mine Captains: John Martin, John Dennis, W. Davey and T. Trestrail met at Busveal and agreed to repair Gwennap Pit or rather reconstruct the amphitheatre in respect to and in memory of John Wesley who had died in 1791. Between 1762 and 1789 John Wesley preached at Gwennap Pit eighteen times. The amphitheatre has twelve staged rings top to bottom. It is claimed that walking around all twelve levels top to bottom is equal to one mile and that it can hold 1,500 people. Photographer: Arthur Philp

© From the collection of the RIC