Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Village Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 153 pictures in our Village collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Teresa Mallett on cottage steps carrying a wooden barrel pail. Port Gaverne, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1906 Featured Print

Teresa Mallett on cottage steps carrying a wooden barrel pail. Port Gaverne, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1906

Teresa Mallett is standing at the foot of the steps of a cottage, carrying a wooden barrel pail. Port Gaverne was once a busy port used to export slate from the nearby Delabole slate quarry. It was also a very active seining port and the port's four pilchard cellars were capable of processing around 1000 tons of fish per week. By 1900 tourism was the village's main industry and it remains popular with holidaymakers today. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

© From the collection of the RIC

Portscatho harbour slipway and village, Gerrans, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured Print

Portscatho harbour slipway and village, Gerrans, Cornwall. Early 1900s

A group of children and a dog play and relax at the bottom of the boat slipway on a sunny summer afternoon. A small boy and girl are wearing checked cotton summer top and dress on the left of the slipway, as is the older standing girl with group of children on the right. Brother and sisters? Two men work on the slipway repairs, a pick, shovel and wheel barrow evident. Watched by a young boy, while another boy arrives on the scene at the top of the slip. A number of boats litter the slip. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

A distant view of the four wooden Marconi wireless towers at Poldhu, Mullion, Cornwall from Mullion Cove along the cliff. 1908 Featured Print

A distant view of the four wooden Marconi wireless towers at Poldhu, Mullion, Cornwall from Mullion Cove along the cliff. 1908

A distant view, taken from Mullion Cove, of the four wooden 200ft Marconi towers, signal station and Poldhu Hotel at Poldhu. This four mast arrangement was built by early 1902. The earlier two-masted tower installation which was used by Guglielmo Marconi to transmit the first transatlantic radio message on 12th December 1901, was damaged by storms. Poldhu was taken over by the Royal Navy after the First World War and continued to operate as a research station until 1933, after which the site was cleared and donated to the National Trust. A granite monument erected in 1937 by the Marconi Company now stands on the site. Mullion Cove hotel can be seen perched on the cliffs to the the right. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

© From the collection of the RIC