Village street in Port Gaverne, St Endellion Cornwall. 1906
View between houses to the beach. Two ladies are in the doorway of one of the houses, looking out to sea. Bathing huts can be seen on the beach and a person in a bathing suit is in the water. Port Gaverne was once a busy port used to export slate from the nearby Delabole slate quarry. It was also a very active seining port and the port's four pilchard cellars were capable of processing around 1000 tons of fish per week. By 1900 tourism was the village's main industry and it remains popular with holidaymakers today. Photographer: T. Mitchell.
© From the collection of the RIC