Skip to main content

Home > Images Dated > 2015 > December > 17 Dec 2015

Images Dated 17th December 2015

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

48 Items

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Princes Street, with the first Great House and Trevail Monumental Masons, Truro, Cornwall. 1920s

Princes Street, with the first Great House and Trevail Monumental Masons, Truro, Cornwall. 1920s
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Carnon Viaduct, Perranwell, Cornwall. Around 1925

Carnon Viaduct, Perranwell, Cornwall. Around 1925
Isambard Kingdom Brunels original wooden viaduct crossing the Carnon valley, which opened in 1863. It was replaced in 1933 by a stone structure

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: The Lander Monument, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1925

The Lander Monument, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1925
The Monument was designed in 1835 by Philip Sambell. It celebrates the discoveries, including the discovery of the source of the River Niger in 1827, of the Lander brothers, Richard and John

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Town Clock, Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. Around 1925

Town Clock, Fore Street, Tregony, Cornwall. Around 1925
The clock tower was built in the 1830s, along with the two, single-storey, market houses on either side of it. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Cottages at the head of the creek, Ruan Lanihorne, Cornwall. Around 1925

Cottages at the head of the creek, Ruan Lanihorne, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Market Jew Street, Penzance, Cornwall. 1920s

Market Jew Street, Penzance, Cornwall. 1920s
View up Market Jew Street towards the Market House with the statue of Sir Humphrey Davy in front. Sir Humphrey Davy was born in Penzance in 1778 and became President of the Royal Society

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Interior of the Old Grammar School, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1925

Interior of the Old Grammar School, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Trerice House, Kestle Mill, St Newlyn East, Cornwall. Around 1925

Trerice House, Kestle Mill, St Newlyn East, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: The Implacable, anchored off Falmouth, Cornwall. Around 1925

The Implacable, anchored off Falmouth, Cornwall. Around 1925
The ship was built for the French Navy as Douguay Trouin. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: The Falcon Inn and view up hill with a postman walking towards the camera

The Falcon Inn and view up hill with a postman walking towards the camera. St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925
Mawgan is identified with the Arundell family, known as the great Arundells on account of their vast riches. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Mousehole harbour, Cornwall. Around 1925

Mousehole harbour, Cornwall. Around 1925
Boat registrations: PZ193, PZ591, 413PZ, PZ460Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925

Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925
The main facade; a collonade of massive granite pillars leads into the quadrangle through an old Jacobean doorway with carved oak doors

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: The Green, Truro, Cornwall. 1920s

The Green, Truro, Cornwall. 1920s
The Dolphin Inn can be seen on the right with the carved stone dolphin sign, with the cathedral behind. The Dolphin Inn was previously called The Fighting Cocks

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Lanhydrock gatehouse, Bodmin, Cornwall. Around 1925

Lanhydrock gatehouse, Bodmin, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Launceston Castle, Cornwall. Around 1925

Launceston Castle, Cornwall. Around 1925
The castle was also known as Castle Terrible and was fortified for King Charles, although subsequently lost and recovered

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Restormel, Lanlivery Parish, Cornwall. Around 1925

Restormel, Lanlivery Parish, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Tamar River from Polston Bridge, near Launceston, Cornwall. Around 1925

Tamar River from Polston Bridge, near Launceston, Cornwall. Around 1925
The site of King Charles entry into Cornwall on August 1st, 1644. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Group of men at Daddyport bridge, Tregony, Cornwall. Around 1925

Group of men at Daddyport bridge, Tregony, Cornwall. Around 1925
Qualification as a voter in Tregony required proof of house keeping by boiling a pot within the limits of the borough over an open fire, giving rise to the term pot wallopers to describe voters

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: The Pillars and Raleigh House, Mitchell, St Newlyn East, Cornwall. Around 1925

The Pillars and Raleigh House, Mitchell, St Newlyn East, Cornwall. Around 1925
The Pillars (or Pillars Hotel), on the left, is a Grade II listed farmhouse built in 1683. The house is dated on the timber panel over the door

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Truthall, Sithney, Cornwall. Around 1925

Truthall, Sithney, Cornwall. Around 1925
Seen through entrance gate. On the right is the doorway to the chapel with the remains of an oak roof. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Man with dogs, Tolverne Barton, Philleigh, Cornwall. Around 1925

Man with dogs, Tolverne Barton, Philleigh, Cornwall. Around 1925
Tolverne Barton was a former Arundel property. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Tolverne Barton, Philleigh, Cornwall. Around 1925

Tolverne Barton, Philleigh, Cornwall. Around 1925
Tolverne Barton was a former Arundel property. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Chapel converted to a barn at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925

Chapel converted to a barn at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925
The granite pillars in the farm yard came from the old Truro Market House. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: The Manor House at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925

The Manor House at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925
The manor house is also known as Wolveden. Cuthbert Mayne, a Roman Catholic priest in the reign of Elizabeth I, was captured here and executed in 1577

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: St Columb Major Church and War Memorial, Cornwall. Around 1925

St Columb Major Church and War Memorial, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: King Harry Ferry, Feock, Cornwall. Around 1925

King Harry Ferry, Feock, Cornwall. Around 1925
Taken from the Tregothnan side. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Tregothnan House and formal garden, St Michael Penkivel, Cornwall. Around 1925

Tregothnan House and formal garden, St Michael Penkivel, Cornwall. Around 1925
Tregothnan has been home to the Boscawen family since 1334. The house was rebuilt by Edward Boscawen (1787-1841), fourth Viscount and First Earl of Falmouth, near the site of an older mansion

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: St Michael Penkivel church, Cornwall. Around 1925

St Michael Penkivel church, Cornwall. Around 1925
Major Arthur William Gills car is in the foreground. St Michael Penkivel church contains four altars, one of which is in the tower

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: A Cornish Cottage, unidentified location, Cornwall. Around 1925

A Cornish Cottage, unidentified location, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Penzance Harbour, Cornwall. 1920s

Penzance Harbour, Cornwall. 1920s
View of Penzance harbour with a steamer at the Quay and St Marys church behind. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Around 1925

St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Around 1925
View from harbour side. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Adelaide Terrace, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Adelaide Terrace, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View up hill with people and horse and trap. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Paul, near Newlyn, Cornwall. Around 1925

Paul, near Newlyn, Cornwall. Around 1925
Paul Church and Dolly Pentreaths Memorial. Dolly Pentreath was the last person who could speak the Cornish language fluently and who died in 1777 at the age of 102

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Pengersick Castle, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925

Pengersick Castle, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Sea picture, possibly off St Ives, Cornwall. Around 1925

Sea picture, possibly off St Ives, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Veronica (Major Gills wife) rowing in a creek off the River Fal, Cornwall. Around 1925

Veronica (Major Gills wife) rowing in a creek off the River Fal, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Abandoned Engine House at St Agnes, Cornwall. 1920s

Abandoned Engine House at St Agnes, Cornwall. 1920s
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Lostwithiel Church from the south side, Cornwall. Around 1925

Lostwithiel Church from the south side, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Lantern Cross, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925

Lantern Cross, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Mawgan Church and Lychgate, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925

Mawgan Church and Lychgate, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Entrance doorway to Lanherne Convent, Cornwall. Around 1925

Entrance doorway to Lanherne Convent, Cornwall. Around 1925
Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Lanherne Convent, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925

Lanherne Convent, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. Around 1925
The Nunnery, a Tudor house, was the manor house of the Arundells and was given to Carmelite nuns, refugees from the French Revolution

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: St Ives, Cornwall. Around 1925

St Ives, Cornwall. Around 1925
Back of harbour and church. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925

Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925
Rear view, showing the mullioned windows of the Banqueting Hall. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925

Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925
The Kings room seen from the exterior of the house. The Kings Room was used, in the days before newspapers, for reading out the weekly news letter from Exeter

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925

Godolphin House, Breage, Cornwall. Around 1925
Rear courtyard. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Around 1925

St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Around 1925
View from the base of the hill. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill

Background imageImages Dated 17th December 2015: St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Around 1925

St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Around 1925
Taken from Marazion beach with fishermen and boats on foreshore. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping