[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Images Dated > 2016 > May

Images Dated 2016 May

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 361 pictures in our Images Dated 2016 May collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured May Print

Dolcoath Mine, Camborne, Cornwall. 1893

The Man Engine at 234 fathoms level below adit, in 1893. The man engine went down to the 314 fathom level. Miners can be seen standing on the steps of the engine rod while others stand on solars or platforms fixed in the shaft at intervals of 12 feet. The man engine made 5 strokes a minute, thus enabling men to ride up or down 60 feet a minute. Ordinary ladders were fixed alongside the man engine or against the footwall of the lode. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured May Print

Cunnack's Tannery, Helston, Cornwall. October 1883

In the top hat is George James Cunnack (1823-1911), senior partner in this firm of tanners and curriers trading as G.J. Cunnack & Sons. Far left of the picture is Francis Henry Cunnack (1861-1936). To the far right is workman William Jennings. The data was supplied by Edward Cunnack on 17.12.1979. The tannery had premises in Meneage Street, the works were presumably here as well. In 1906 it is believed they also had premises in Lady Street and St Johns. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured May Print

Passmore Edwards Free Library, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1899

The Passmore Edwards Free Library and technical school on the corner of Pydar Street and Union Place. Funded by Passmore Edwards and designed by Silvanus Trevail, the school was built in 1899 as a Technical College for men and women. It became a secondary school for boys aged 11-15 in the 1930s. The school was built as an extension to the Passmore Edwards Free Library which had been built in 1896. Both buildings were later used as Truro Community Library. A group of mainly school children pose for the camera. Probably taken not long after the school opened. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC