Skip to main content

[email protected]
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Images Dated > 2016 > September

Images Dated 2016 September

Choose from 52 pictures in our Images Dated 2016 September collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


The Fourburrow Hunt at Tregothnan, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured September Image

The Fourburrow Hunt at Tregothnan, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The Master, Mr. A. Wallis, leading the huntsmen and the hounds towards the Lodge gates. Tregothnan has been home to the Boscawen family since 1334. The house was rebuilt by Edward Boscawen (1787-1841), fourth Viscount and First Earl of Falmouth, near the site of an older mansion. Tregothnan has the largest historic garden in Cornwall. It is open to the public for one weekend every year. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

Blacksmiths shop at Godolphin Cross, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured September Image

Blacksmiths shop at Godolphin Cross, Cornwall. Early 1900s

A group of men outside the blacksmith's shop at Herland Cross in Godolphin Cross. On the left is George Reynolds standing on a granite block used for fixing iron bands to waggon wheels. He spent many years abroad mining in South America, possibly Chile. Astride the horse is Harry Magor (possibly Meagor) of Carleen. He was a teamster who drove teams of up to thirty horses taking timber to boatyards and mines. He carried the large poles used at Poldhu, Mullion in Marconi's experimental wireless station (in 1901). In the donkey trap is Streamer John, a tin streamer who extracted tin from the tailings of mine-workings and supplemented his income by selling vegetables from his trap. The blacksmith is William Rowe with his dog Ben. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Farmhouse and outbuildings, Blackwater, Mithian, Cornwall. Around 1890 Featured September Image

Farmhouse and outbuildings, Blackwater, Mithian, Cornwall. Around 1890

A farmhouse and outbuildings with a horse and trap and a group of people. In 1982 the house was called The Highlands and is situated at SW 742 465 on the St Agnes road near Blackwater in Cornwall. Part of the A.K. Hamilton Jenkin collection. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Cornish, Farming, Women