Skip to main content
Home > Images Dated > 2018 > June > 11 Jun 2018

Images Dated 11th June 2018

Choose from 45 pictures in our Images Dated 11th June 2018 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Fore Street, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Around 1910 Featured 11 Jun 2018 Image

Fore Street, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Around 1910

Fore Street, Churchtown, with children in the foreground and the Star Inn on the left. Samuel Warren was the innkeeper in 1910 but by 1914 it was William Stephens. The photograph also shows several shops including Rowe's, Ironmonger and Grocer and a Fruiterer. A little boy plays with a stick and hoop, a man wheels a bicycle and there are two horse drawn vehicles in the background. Part of the A.K. Hamilton Jenkin collection. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Bank Square, looking towards the Consolidated Bank of Cornwall and Chapel Street, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured 11 Jun 2018 Image

Bank Square, looking towards the Consolidated Bank of Cornwall and Chapel Street, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Early 1900s

A mixed group of people stop to pose for the photograph of Bank Square and Chapel Street. The signs in the bank window read Bolitho's Bank Limited, Hours 10 to 3 and Fridays 10 to 12. The shop on the corner of Chapel Street has advertisements for Venus Soap, Cadburys Chocolate and Cocoa displayed. Also a sign reading "Ponies & Dogcart On Hire. Terms Moderate." The sign on the house above the man with the bicycle reads "J. Stevens Grocer, Draper, Refreshments, ?" Another sign, partly obscured by the head of the same man, seems to read "Mr Johnstone Dental - ?" Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

The cove and Rumps Point, Port Quin, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1906 Featured 11 Jun 2018 Image

The cove and Rumps Point, Port Quin, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1906

View of the cove at Port Quin and Doyden castle with the Rumps in the distance. Doyden Castle looks more like a castellated folly than a proper castle. It overlooks Lundy bay and was built in 1830 by Samuel Symons as a place to entertain his friends. The Rumps is a twin-headland promontory at the north-east corner of Pentire Head in north Cornwall. Port Quin was once a busy fishing port and is said to have been mostly abandoned after all of the fishermen from the village were lost during a storm in the 19th century. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

© From the collection of the RIC