Skip to main content

Home > Images Dated > 2018 > March > 8 Mar 2018

Images Dated 8th March 2018

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

23 Items

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Denas Water, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904

Denas Water, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904
Shops and old post office opposite Holy Trinity Church, with two ladies standing in the road. Photographer: Probably Arthur William Jordan

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: The Wheel Inn and Riverside Cottages, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904

The Wheel Inn and Riverside Cottages, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904
A lady is standing by the low wall at the cottages, near to a stone pile. A second lady is walking by the 14th century thatched Inn. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Tresillian River at Mill Farm, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Tresillian River at Mill Farm, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Mill Farm, above Tresillian Bridge. A solitary duck is swimming along the river. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Unloading coal from a barge on the Tresillian River, Tresillian, Cornwall. 1890s

Unloading coal from a barge on the Tresillian River, Tresillian, Cornwall. 1890s
Photographer: Arthur William Jordan. A number of men and a young boy are standing on barge with two small carts pulled by horses. One cart is being loaded with coal, the other is waiting

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: The bridge, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The bridge, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View of the bridge from the north side. Originally known as Wade, the town became known as Wadebridge after the 15th century bridge across the River Camel was built by the Reverend Lovibond

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: William and Ada Gill, Comprigney House, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1916

William and Ada Gill, Comprigney House, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1916
Portrait of Major Arthur William Gills parents, William Nicholas Gill and Ada Gill (nee Branwell), sitting in the garden at the front of Comprigney House. William Nicholas Gill died in 1916

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Gill family, Comprigney House, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1916

Gill family, Comprigney House, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1916
A group of three women from the Gill family seated on a deckchair and a bench in the garden of Comprigney House. The woman on the left, holding the flowers, is Major Arthur William Gills mother, Ada

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Denas Water, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Denas Water, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Shops and old post office opposite Holy Trinity Church, including three young gentlemen. One is with a small boy, another is with an early motor cycle, AF41, towing a single seat carriage

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Snowball Fight, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 8th January 1918

Snowball Fight, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 8th January 1918
Men in naval uniforms snowballing by the fountain outside City Hall during the First World War. N. Gill and Son shop and the Police Station are in the background

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Tresillian River, Tresillian, Cornwall. 1890s

Tresillian River, Tresillian, Cornwall. 1890s
Unidentified sailing craft and rowing boat on the river at high tide. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Tresillian Bridge with lady and dog, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904

Tresillian Bridge with lady and dog, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904
View over Tresillian Bridge to Holy Trinity Church in the distance. A gentleman artist with easel is also on the bridge. The church was built as a mission church in 1878

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: The Wheel Inn, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The Wheel Inn, Tresillian, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Riverside Cottages are on the left of the photograph with the Mens Institute, built in 1893, on the right. Barrels are being delivered to the 14th century thatched inn by horse and cart

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Tresillian Bridge with lady and dog, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904

Tresillian Bridge with lady and dog, Tresillian, Cornwall. Around 1904
View over Tresillian Bridge to Holy Trinity Church in the distance. A gentleman artist with easel is also on the bridge. The church was built as a mission church in 1878

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Churchtown, Trewen, Cornwall. 1961

Churchtown, Trewen, Cornwall. 1961
Cottages near to St Michael and All Angels, the parish church of Trewen. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Menwinnick, Trewen, Cornwall. 1961

Menwinnick, Trewen, Cornwall. 1961
General view of house. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Polridmouth Bay and Gribbin Head with Daymark Tower, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1904

Polridmouth Bay and Gribbin Head with Daymark Tower, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1904
View of Polridmouth Bay and Gribbin Head. The view shows the Gribbin Tower, a square beacon erected by Trinity House in 1832

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Harbour wall with cannon bollards, Polkerris, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976

Harbour wall with cannon bollards, Polkerris, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976
View of the harbour wall towards the sea and across the cove showing part of the village. A man and child are paddling in the water

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Harbour wall, Polkerris, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976

Harbour wall, Polkerris, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976
View along the stepped harbour wall towards the sea. Polkerris is on the west side of the Gribben promontory and on the east side of St Austell Bay

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Daymark Tower, Gribbin Head, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976

Daymark Tower, Gribbin Head, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976
View shows the daymark tower on Gribbin Head. The Gribbin Tower is a square beacon erected by Trinity House in 1832. It was never lighted but is painted in red

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Menwinnick, Trewen, Cornwall. 1961

Menwinnick, Trewen, Cornwall. 1961
General view of house. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Cottages at Tregatta, Tintagel, Cornwall. 1907

Cottages at Tregatta, Tintagel, Cornwall. 1907
Row of old cottages. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Harbour wall with cannon bollards, Polkerris, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976

Harbour wall with cannon bollards, Polkerris, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1976
View of the harbour wall towards the sea showing Napoleonic era cannons embedded in the harbour wall as bollards. There is a Rabies notice on the harbour wall

Background imageImages Dated 8th March 2018: Polridmouth Bay and Gribbin Head with Daymark Tower, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1904

Polridmouth Bay and Gribbin Head with Daymark Tower, Tywardreath, Cornwall. 1904
View of Polridmouth Bay and Gribbin Head. The view shows the Gribbin Tower, a square beacon erected by Trinity House in 1832


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping