Skip to main content
emoji_people   Now is the perfect time to order your Christmas Prints and Gifts from our collection   card_giftcard
Home > Images Dated > 2018 > May

Images Dated 2018 May

Choose from 83 pictures in our Images Dated 2018 May collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Roseworthy Hammer Mills, Gwinear, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured May Print

Roseworthy Hammer Mills, Gwinear, Cornwall. Early 1900s

View of Roseworthy Hammer Mills and river with several men on the footpath. The hammer mills opened in 1808 and manufactured castings, iron chimneys for mines, boilers, chains, box irons but was perhaps best known for its quality Cornish shovels. The Cornwall Shovel Company Limited and the hammer mills ceased to operate in 1941. Photographer: John Charles Burrow / Herbert Hughes, plate marked JCB

© From the collection of the RIC

Bodmin General station open day, Bodmin, Cornwall. June 1987 Featured May Print

Bodmin General station open day, Bodmin, Cornwall. June 1987

At an open day at Bodmin General station, visitors watch as engines are prepared. The trains operate on a 13 mile long railway from Bodmin Parkway mainline station via Bodmin General to Boscarne Junction. The Bodmin heritage railway was originally a branch of the Great Western Railway. In 1888 it was connected to Boscarne Junction which in turn provided a connection to the Bodmin and Wadebridge Railway. The saddle tank locomotive pictured, a Bagnall 0-4-0, was the last steam locomotive to work in Devonport Dockyard and is owned by the Cornish Steam Locomotive Preservation Society. Photographer: Jonathan Barker

© RIC, photographer Jonathan Barker

North view over town and river, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Probably 1880s Featured May Print

North view over town and river, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Probably 1880s

A view north over Wadebridge town with a ship drawn up alongside on the River Camel and a large house on the hill in the background. Originally known as Wade, the town became known as Wadebridge after the 15th century bridge across the River Camel was built by the Reverend Lovibond. It has seventeen arches along its 320 foot length. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC