Skip to main content
[email protected]
Image Licensing since 2004
Home > Images Dated > 2018 > May > 24 May 2018

Images Dated 24th May 2018

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 35 pictures in our Images Dated 24th May 2018 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Village street in Port Gaverne, St Endellion Cornwall. 1906 Featured 24 May 2018 Image

Village street in Port Gaverne, St Endellion Cornwall. 1906

View between houses to the beach. Two ladies are in the doorway of one of the houses, looking out to sea. Bathing huts can be seen on the beach and a person in a bathing suit is in the water. Port Gaverne was once a busy port used to export slate from the nearby Delabole slate quarry. It was also a very active seining port and the port's four pilchard cellars were capable of processing around 1000 tons of fish per week. By 1900 tourism was the village's main industry and it remains popular with holidaymakers today. Photographer: T. Mitchell

© From the collection of the RIC

North view over town and river, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Probably 1880s Featured 24 May 2018 Image

North view over town and river, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Probably 1880s

A view north over Wadebridge town with a ship drawn up alongside on the River Camel and a large house on the hill in the background. Originally known as Wade, the town became known as Wadebridge after the 15th century bridge across the River Camel was built by the Reverend Lovibond. It has seventeen arches along its 320 foot length. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Rashleigh almshouses, Polmear, Tywardreath, Cornwall, 1959 Featured 24 May 2018 Image

Rashleigh almshouses, Polmear, Tywardreath, Cornwall, 1959

The Rashleigh almshouses were originally built around 1800 by William Rashleigh as four cottages. They were extended later in the 19th century by three more cottages and, in 1855, a small hospital block was added. The buildings were restored in 1977 to 1978 when the seven almshouses were converted into three cottages, with extensions at the back. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf