Skip to main content

[email protected]
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Images Dated > 2018 > May

Images Dated 2018 May

Choose from 83 pictures in our Images Dated 2018 May collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


St John Ambulance dedication ceremony, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. May 1988 Featured May Image

St John Ambulance dedication ceremony, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. May 1988

The dedication of Lostwithiel Q Division's replacement ambulance took place on The Parade. Included in the ceremony were Commander of St John, Christopher Petherick; Lostwithiel Superintendent, Miss Myrtle Redmond; Father Wyatt, Roman Catholic Priest; Mrs Wilkins, Lay Pastoral Assistant; Deputy Mayor of Lostwithiel, Gwen Powell-Jones; Vicar of Lanlivery, Father Michael Adams and Assistant Priest Lostwithiel, Reverend Alex Allardice. Photographer: Jonathan Barker

© RIC, photographer Jonathan Barker

Teresa Mallett on cottage steps carrying a wooden barrel pail. Port Gaverne, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1906 Featured May Image

Teresa Mallett on cottage steps carrying a wooden barrel pail. Port Gaverne, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1906

Teresa Mallett is standing at the foot of the steps of a cottage, carrying a wooden barrel pail. Port Gaverne was once a busy port used to export slate from the nearby Delabole slate quarry. It was also a very active seining port and the port's four pilchard cellars were capable of processing around 1000 tons of fish per week. By 1900 tourism was the village's main industry and it remains popular with holidaymakers today. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

© From the collection of the RIC

Remains of pilchard cellars, Port Gaverne, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1973 Featured May Image

Remains of pilchard cellars, Port Gaverne, St Endellion, Cornwall. 1973

Port Gaverne was once a busy port used to export slate from the nearby Delabole slate quarry. It was also a very active seining port and the pilchard cellars were capable of processing around 1000 tons of fish per week. Two of the four large pilchard cellars built in the early 1800s are now owned by the National Trust, these being the Rashleigh and Union cellars. National Trust signage can be seen to the left of the opening in the stone wall. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf