[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Images Dated > 2019 > June

Images Dated 2019 June

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 94 pictures in our Images Dated 2019 June collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured June Print

St Mary's Church, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1870

The west front of St Mary's Church. View taken from the High Cross end looking towards St Mary's Street. A very early photograph. The parish church of St Mary the Virgin was first consecrated in 1259. It was then rebuilt several times and completed around 1518. The church was demolished in 1880 to make way for the building of Truro Cathedral. The south aisle of the church was incorporated into the new cathedral and is now known as St Mary's aisle. A small group of people are standing in front of the railing which surround the church. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured June Print

Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972

Lower Greadow Farm, showing the remains of a medieval monastery building which belonged to Tywardreath Priory. The farm is in Luxulyan Parish and the parish boundary runs close to the eastern side of the farm. According to 1888 and 1908 Ordnance Survey maps it was known as Lower Gready. Two nearby farms to the east were known as Middle Gready and Higher Gready, both of these being east of the parish boundary in Lanlivery Parish. At some time since then the word Gready has been changed to Greadow. A granite stone outside Higher Greadow Farm still reads Higher Gready Farm. An aerial view from Google Maps (2019) suggests that some of the remains have since been removed. Photographer: Charles Woolf.

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

Featured June Print

Lifeboat house, Mullion Cove (Porth Mellin), Mullion, Cornwall. Around 1900

View of the Lifeboat house in about 1900. There is a boat next to the the lifeboat house. The Royal National Lifeboat Institution stationed a lifeboat at Mullion Cove in 1867. The first boat, Daniel J. Draper, remained at Mullion until 1887, performing three services and saving three lives. She was followed by the Edith (1887-1894) and the Nancy Newbon (1894-1908), neither of which were ever used. The service was withdrawn in 1908. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC