Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Images Dated

Images Dated

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 3,054 pictures in our Images Dated collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Battery of Cornish stamps with engine man, miners and grass captain (or surface captain) in white, Wheal Sparnon, Redruth, Cornwall. Around 1865 Featured Images Dated Print

Battery of Cornish stamps with engine man, miners and grass captain (or surface captain) in white, Wheal Sparnon, Redruth, Cornwall. Around 1865

The area in the photograph is now covered by Clinton Road, Park Road and Albany Road, Redruth. According to the Ordnance Survey Six Inch map Cornwall LXIII. NE, surveyed 1877 to 1879, the mine is disused at that time. By the same OS area map Cornwall LXIII. NE Revised 1906, the whole are is covered in housing. The mine produced copper, as well as traces of cobalt and gold. Thomas Spargo states in his book, The Mines of Cornwall (1865), that "Wheal Sparnon was in the the parish of Redruth, Cornwall, in 6,000 shares. Secretary, Mr G.H. Cardozo, London. Purser, Mr W.P. Cardozo, Camborne. Manager, Captain Wm. Tregay, Redruth. Rocks, granite and clay-slate, 60 men employed in the mine, operations on the surface of which commenced in 1864. Land owner, Lord Clinton. Dues 1-20th. Depth of adit, 18 fathoms; depth under adit, 60 fathoms. A 70-inch pumping-engine just completed, also a 22-inch winding-engine. Little has been as yet been done by the Company under the surface; but it is generally believed that enormous quantities of tin will be raised after the mine has been cleared of water". Photographer: Probably Henry Opie

© From the collection of the RIC

GWR tank number 34 pictured with four men on the St Ives branch. Around 1905 Featured Images Dated Print

GWR tank number 34 pictured with four men on the St Ives branch. Around 1905

The image shows GWR number 34 pictured with two unnamed men, Charlie Gould the fireman standing on the running plate and the driver Nickie Curnow standing with his feeder (oil can) on the St Ives branch line. The engine itself has a 0-4-4 tank, built as a 0-4-2 saddle tank, along with number 35 at Swindon in 1890 as Lot Number 81. The locomotive was altered to the 0-4-4 side tank in 1895. It weighed 40 tons and had a 800 gallon water capacity. Number 34 was sold in 1908 and eventually made her way to the Longmoor Military Railway where she carried the name Longmoor'. She was sadly cut up in 1922

© From the collection of the RIC

Liskeard and Looe Railway Staff, Wagon Repair Works, Moorswater, Liskeard, Cornwall. December 1908 Featured Images Dated Print

Liskeard and Looe Railway Staff, Wagon Repair Works, Moorswater, Liskeard, Cornwall. December 1908

This staff photograph was taken outside the doors of the wagon repair works at Moorswater in December 1908. Operation of the line was taken over by Great Western Railway (GWR) in 1909 and not all members of staff transferred to GWR. The names and occupations of each person is printed on the mount. Front row, from left to right: W. Hocking, cleaner; Mr W.H. Johns, cartage agent; Mr E. Hunter, goods clerk; Mr H. Hawes, stationmaster, Looe; Mr S. Bolton, locomotive superintendent; Mr H.H. Holbrook, superintendent of the line; Inspector Scantlebury, permanent way; Mr A. Burridge, stationmaster, Liskeard; Mr Morgan, superintendent's clerk; A. Richards, parcels clerk; J. Prout, striker. Second row, from left to right: J. Ough, relief carman; H. Cox, carman; H. Menhenick, passenger guard; R. Bassett, porter signalman; T. Bowden, porter signalman; J. Cole, fitter; A. Stephens, goods guard; J. Husband, porter signalman; E. Marsh, signalman; W.H. Pengelly, porter signalman; C. Colmer, lamp lad; R. Grant, carriage cleaner; J. Carne, blacksmith. Third row, from left to right: M. Harris, cleaner; P. Turner, painter; W. Martin, platelayer; J. Martin, ganger; J. Sambells, ganger; W. Symons, fireman; W. Vincent, driver; W. Chaston, driver; H. Menhenick, fireman; R. Miller, driver; Albert Bray, fireman; J. Toms, ganger; H. Medland, linesman; W.J. Godfrey Junior, carpenter; W.J. Godfrey, carpenter. Fourth row, from left to right: S. Tamblin, platelayer; T.H. Davey, platelayer; R. Bennett, platelayer; J. Hancock, platelayer; J. Horrell, platelayer; J. Wilton, platelayer; J. Crabb, platelayer; J. Hunkin, ganger; W. Moore, platelayer; W. Kennedy, platelayer; J. Cannon, platelayer; H. Hancock, platelayer; J. Harvey, platelayer; J. Symons, shed man. Photographer: John Henry Coath

© From the collection of the RIC