Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Places

Places Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 2,501 pictures in our Places collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Categories
Agriculture
Archaeology
Fine Art
First World War
Mining
Museum Objects
People
Places
> Bodmin
> Boscastle
> Breage
> Bude
> Cadgwith
> Calenick
> Camborne
> Chacewater
> Constantine
> Coverack
> Crowan
> Cubert
> Falmouth
> Feock
> Flushing
> Fowey
> Gerrans
> Gorran Haven
> Grampound
> Gunwalloe
> Gwennap
> Gwennap Pit
> Gwinear
> Helford
> Helston
> Idless
> Illogan
> Isles of Scilly
> Kea
> Kenwyn
> Kynance
> Ladock
> Landewednack
> Lanlivery
> Lanteglos by Fowey
> Launceston
> Lelant
> Liskeard
> Little Petherick
> Looe
> Lostwithiel
> Luxulyan
> Maker
> Malpas
> Mawgan in Meneage
> Mawnan
> Mevagissey
> Morvah
> Morval
> Morwenstow
> Mousehole
> Mullion
> Mylor
> Newlyn
> Newquay
> Padstow
> Penryn
> Penzance
> Perranarworthal
> Perranporth
> Perranzabuloe
> Philleigh
> Polperro
> Port Gaverne
> Port Isaac
> Port Quin
> Porthallow
> Porthgwarra
> Porthoustock
> Porthtowan
> Portloe
> Portreath
> Poundstock
> Probus
> Rame
> Redruth
> Restormel
> Roche
> Ruan Lanihorne
> Ruan Minor
> Sennen
> Sithney
> St Agnes
> St Austell
> St Buryan
> St Clement
> St Clether
> St Columb Major
> St Columb Minor
> St Eval
> St Hilary
> St Ives
> St Juliot
> St Just in Penwith
> St Keverne
> St Kew
> St Levan
> St Mawes
> St Mawgan in Pydar
> St Merryn
> St Michael Penkivel
> St Michael's Mount
> St Minver
> St Newlyn East
> St Stephen in Brannel
> St Stephens by Saltash
> St Teath
> St Tudy
> St Veep
> Tintagel
> Tregony
> Tresillian
> Trevalga
> Truro
> Tywardreath
> Veryan
> Wadebridge
> Wendron
> Zennor
Railways
Royal Institution of Cornwall
Second World War
Ships
Sports
Transport
Images Dated
River Street, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1800s Featured Places Print

River Street, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1800s

A view of River Street, looking east, showing the Truro Savings Bank and Baptist Chapel, later to become the Royal Cornwall Museum. The architect of both buildings was Philip Sambell (1798-1874). Truro Savings Bank was built in 1847. The bank closed in 1894 and became Henderson's School of Mining in 1897. The School of Mining closed in 1907 and the Royal Institution of Cornwall purchased the building in 1908 to house their growing collections. Truro Baptist Chapel was built in 1850. The chapel was purchased by the RIC in 1985 as an extension to the museum. Extensive refurbishment and additions followed, including the link between the two buildings. An upper floor was added to the Baptist Chapel creating the Treffry gallery. Recorded in 1852-1853 at 27 River Street, was the premises of J. Hugo, a dyer. The business had moved to Kenwyn Street by 1878 and the building is now, in 2017, occupied by Simpsons of Cornwall. The photograph also shows a horse drawn cart and several people. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Carnon Viaduct, Perranwell, Cornwall. Around 1925 Featured Places Print

Carnon Viaduct, Perranwell, Cornwall. Around 1925

Isambard Kingdom Brunel's original wooden viaduct crossing the Carnon valley, which opened in 1863. It was replaced in 1933 by a stone structure. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots, given by Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, in around 1925. He was well known in Cornwall and elsewhere during the 1920s and 1930s for his presentations of stills and cine film to many groups including The Royal Institution of Cornwall, Royal Cornwall Polytechnic Society and the London Cornish Society. The quarter plate slides which he took prolifically with his ordinary camera are, in many cases, colour. These were painted by his own hand to great effect

© From the collection of the RIC

St Pirans Oratory during construction of the concrete shell, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910 Featured Places Print

St Pirans Oratory during construction of the concrete shell, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. 1910

A good crowd viewing the site during the building of the concrete protective shell in 1910. The site hut can be seen left of centre. St Piran's Oratory survives as an early Christian chapel with all four walls standing. It represents the supposed site where St Piran, an Irish saint came ashore and established a Christian centre of worship in the sixth or seventh centuries AD. The site has a documented entry in the Domesday book. There is a small nave, chancel and stone bench around much of the interior plus a cemetery. Situated on Penhale Sands, east of Perranporth, the Oratory has been subject to blown sands over the years. Excavations were carried out in 1835 and 1843 and then railings were erected around the site in the 1890s. In 1910 it was re-excavated and a concrete preserving structure constructed over it. A large number of burials were uncovered during the works. The concrete shell was largely demolished in 1980 and the chapel reburied. The site was re-excavated in 2014-2015. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC