Skip to main content

Causilgey Farm House, Tregavethan, Kea, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Please Select A License Option

Flat fee up to A2 size

Flat fee up to A2 size

^ Please refine your license choice

Other options available, please contact us for more details

A view of the exterior of Causilgey, in the Manor of Tregavethan, known later as Causilgey Manor. Confusingly, the house has also been referred to as Tregavethan Manor House in Census data from 1911. Described in 1870 as having been newly built, it was designed by G. Devey. The house was built using killas rubble with granite quoins, sills, jambstones, mullions, lintels and arch stones, possibly incorporating some re-used dressed stone from the original Tregavethan Manor. Tregavethan was used as a Women's Land Army training centre during the First World War. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Copyright © From the collection of the RIC

Media ID 15240378

Date: 23rd July 2018

County: Cornwall

Location Name: 50.244276, -5.071172

: TRURI : KEAgv.27

Image Size: 8121 x 6072 Pixels

Filesize is 11.63MB

Associated Categories: Kea

Keywords: 1, architecture, cornish, country, estate, kenwyn, one, truro, ww1