Skip to main content

Home > Places > Kenwyn

Kenwyn Collection

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

20 Items

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Kenwyn parish church showing south porch and part of transept. Cornwall. Around 1925

Kenwyn parish church showing south porch and part of transept. Cornwall. Around 1925
Cornishman and amateur photographer, Major Arthur William Gill, was well known in Cornwall and elsewhere during the 1920s and 1930s for his presentations of stills

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Chainwalk, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Chainwalk, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View of the Chainwalk with a lady looking towards the city. The top pinnacles of the church tower are faintly in the distance and the roof of the house at the far end of Chainwalk can be seen

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Furzupland, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Furzupland, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A young girl with a skipping rope is at the top of the steps, a lady holding a card or paper is on the right and a gentleman in a trilby is on the left

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Coosebean Lane in the snow, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Coosebean Lane in the snow, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A gentleman in a cap and winter coat is walking along the lane and smoking a pipe. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Rosedale, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Rosedale, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Located on the road from Moresk to Idless, opposite Polquick Cottage and near to the entrance to Daubuz Moor, a lady in a white apron is collecting water in a pail from the mill leat

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Ford and footbridge on the River Kenwyn, Newmills, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Ford and footbridge on the River Kenwyn, Newmills, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A lady in Victorian dress with a walking stick and a dog stands at the edge of the river. Also, a lady and gentleman can be seen in the distance, walking away from the river

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Crowd at unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial, junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn

Crowd at unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial, junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn, Truro, Cornwall
The Kenwyn War Memorial was unveiled on 27th June 1920 by the Duke of Cornwall / Prince of Wales, who would later become Edward VIII. The ceremony was attended by around 2000 people

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Inscribed plaque set in wall of Board School, School Hill, Shortlanesend, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 1978

Inscribed plaque set in wall of Board School, School Hill, Shortlanesend, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 1978
Later known as " The Old School", the Grade II listed Gothic style board school was erected in 1876. The inscription includes name of Clerk, Architect and Builder; Bawden and Lanyon

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Three girls fishing in the River Kenwyn at the ford and footbridge, Treliske Lane, Newmills

Three girls fishing in the River Kenwyn at the ford and footbridge, Treliske Lane, Newmills, Kenwyn, Cornwall
A fourth girl is sitting in the hedge by the path with what could be their mother or maybe their Nanny. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910

Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910
Lis Escop (Cornish for Bishops Court) in winter with cattle in the foreground. Originally the Kenwyn Vicarage, in 1876 it became the residence of the Bishops of Truro

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Chainwalk, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Chainwalk, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A boy and a man with his dog are posing for the photographer. The church tower, in the distance, and the roof of the house at the far end of Chainwalk can be seen. Photographer: Probably Arthur Philp

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Forty Steps, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Forty Steps, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View up from the bottom of Forty Steps with three young boys sitting on the steps and a gentleman standing a short way up behind them. A large oak tree can be seen on the right

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Board School, School Hill, Shortlanesend, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 1978

Board School, School Hill, Shortlanesend, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 1978
Later known as " The Old School", the Grade II listed Gothic style board school was erected in 1876. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Stencoose, also known as St Coose, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Stencoose, also known as St Coose, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Located near to Treliske and the Truro Golf Club, the house is viewed from the lawn with a lady standing near the front door and a young boy kneeling beside his dog

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910

Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910
Front view of Lis Escop (Cornish for Bishops Court) in winter. Originally the Kenwyn Vicarage, in 1876 it became the residence of the Bishops of Truro

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Chainwalk under snow, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Chainwalk under snow, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View of the Chainwalk (or Chainfields) after some snow with a man in a bowler hat and overcoat looking towards the city. The church tower, in the distance

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn

Unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 27th June 1920
The Kenwyn War Memorial was unveiled on 27th June 1920 by the Duke of Cornwall / Prince of Wales, who would later become Edward VIII. The ceremony was attended by around 2000 people

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Close-up view of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn

Close-up view of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 1920
The Kenwyn War Memorial was unveiled on 27th June 1920 by the Duke of Cornwall / Prince of Wales, who would later become Edward VIII. The ceremony was attended by around 2000 people

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Footbridge on the River Kenwyn, Newmills, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Footbridge on the River Kenwyn, Newmills, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Two men are standing on the footbridge, leaning on the railing and looking into the River Kenwyn. The ford is behind them and a small hayrick, to the right, has been propped up with a log

Background imageKenwyn Collection: Unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn

Unveiling of the Kenwyn War Memorial at the junction of Kenwyn Hill and Knights Hill, Kenwyn, Cornwall. 27th June 1920
The Kenwyn War Memorial was unveiled on 27th June 1920 by the Duke of Cornwall / Prince of Wales, who would later become Edward VIII. The ceremony was attended by around 2000 people


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping