[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
verified_user
All orders are protected by
our Pixel Perfect Guarantee
local_shipping
Fast, Safe Delivery
and Easy Returns
Home > Places > Kenwyn

Photographic Print of Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910

Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910

Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910
Front view of Lis Escop (Cornish for Bishop's Court) in winter. Originally the Kenwyn Vicarage, in 1876 it became the residence of the Bishops of Truro. Around 1906, the Chapel and dining room, designed by E.H. Sedding and pictured in the centre of the house, were added by Bishop Stubbs. Therefore, the date of the photograph is around 1910 when these were completed. The bell turret was reportedly partially copied from the porch of St Mary's in Oxford.

Customise Your Product

In stock, ready to dispatch
Get it as soon as 31st March

check Made in UK
check Pixel Perfect Reproduction
check Made with high-grade materials
check Carefully packed to aid safe arrival
check Delivery from only £2.99

Most popular orders
of this image
14"x12" (38x32cm) Framed Print of places/kenwyn/lis escop kenwyn cornwall 1910
Framed Print
Select this product
10"x8" (25x20cm) Print of places/kenwyn/lis escop kenwyn cornwall 1910
Photographic Print
Select this product
A1 (84x59cm) Poster of places/kenwyn/lis escop kenwyn cornwall 1910
Poster Print
Select this product
info Info
style Choices
rate_review Reviews
local_shipping Delivery
verified_user Pixel Perfect

Photographic Print of Lis Escop, Kenwyn, Cornwall. Around 1910

Front view of Lis Escop (Cornish for Bishop's Court) in winter. Originally the Kenwyn Vicarage, in 1876 it became the residence of the Bishops of Truro. Around 1906, the Chapel and dining room, designed by E.H. Sedding and pictured in the centre of the house, were added by Bishop Stubbs. Therefore, the date of the photograph is around 1910 when these were completed. The bell turret was reportedly partially copied from the porch of St Mary's in Oxford. The house was stayed in by convalescing officers and Belgian refugees during the First World War. From 1953 until 1982 it was known as Copeland Court and was used by Truro Cathedral School as classrooms and a house for the headmaster. The house was named in memory of Geoffrey Copeland of Trelissick, a former pupil whose family gifted the funds necessary to purchase the property for the school. Copeland Court became a convent for the Community of the Epiphany in 1983. Renamed Epiphany House in 2001 the house became a conference and retreat centre. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan
© From the collection of the RIC
Media ID 15183478

Church , Religion , Truro , Victorian

10"x8" (25x20cm) Print

Our Photo Prints are printed on sturdy Archival Quality Paper for vivid reproduction and are perfect for framing
check Overall Size 25.4cm x 20.3cm (10"x8")
check Pixel Perfect Guarantee
check Made with high-grade materials
check Expert colour and quality finish
254x203mm archive quality paper for stability and colour reproduction. Size refers to paper used.
This picture is available as a Framed Print, Photographic Print, Poster Print, Jigsaw Puzzle, Canvas Print, Metal Print, Photo Mug, Fine Art Print, Mounted Print, Glass Frame, Acrylic Blox, Classic Framed, Greeting Card, Cushion, Mouse Mat, Glass Place Mat
Watermarking does not appear on finished products

Categories


> Images Dated > 2018 > July > 3 Jul 2018
> Places > Kenwyn
: TRURI : KWNct.11

Full Art Print Range

Regular Photo Prints (ideal for framing) are sent within one working day and all other items in 3-5 working days.