Skip to main content

View through the village, Mitchell, St Newlyn East, Cornwall. 1957

Please Select A License Option

Flat fee up to A2 size

Flat fee up to A2 size

^ Please refine your license choice

Other options available, please contact us for more details

A view through the village looking west with Raleigh House and the Pillars Hotel on the left. The Pillars, on the left, is a Grade II listed farmhouse built in 1683. The house is dated on the timber panel over the door. Raleigh House, to the right of the Pillars, is a Grade II listed 17th century farmhouse. The thatched cottages on the right hand side of the road appear to have been replaced by more modern housing by 1967. Mitchell was formerly known as St Michael or Meideshol. Sir Walter Raleigh represented the borough of Mitchell in the House of Commons when parliament convened on 19th February 1593. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Copyright © RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

Media ID 19005546

Date: 21st May 2019

County: Cornwall

Location Name: 50.353083, -5.008639

: TRURI : MITgv.14a

Image Size: 7193 x 6969 Pixels

Filesize is 7.22MB

Associated Categories: Mitchell

Associated Categories: St Newlyn East

Keywords: architectural, architecture, columns, cornish, historic, newquay, thatch