[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Drawing Room, Carclew House, Mylor, Cornwall. 15th March 1912

Please Select A License Option

Flat fee up to A2 size

Flat fee up to A2 size

^ Please refine your license choice

Other options available, please contact us for more details

The drawing room at Carclew House. Originally owned by the Bonython family, the house and estate were purchased by William Lemon (1696-1760) in 1749 who employed the architect Thomas Edwards to enlarge and modernise the house in the style of Palladio's Villa Ragona. The house was further extended by Sir William (1748-1824) Lemon in the early 19th century by architect William Wood. It was destroyed by fire in 1934 but one wing was restored in the late 1930s to house refugees. There are a few ruins preserved. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan.

Copyright © From the collection of the RIC

Media ID 18990586

Date: 14th May 2019

County: Cornwall

Location Name: 50.177118,-5.058071

: TRURI : MYLcc.12

Image Size: 8663 x 6269 Pixels

Filesize is 27.81MB

Associated Categories: Mylor

Keywords: architecture, buildings, cornish, estates, furnishings, great houses, houses, important cornish families, interior, interiors, lost, palladian, truro