Skip to main content

[email protected]
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Places > Penzance

Penzance Gallery

Choose from 30 pictures in our Penzance collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


The Egyptian House, Chapel Street, Penzance, Cornwall. 1974 Featured Penzance Image

The Egyptian House, Chapel Street, Penzance, Cornwall. 1974

A view of the Egyptian House in Chapel Street. The Egyptian House was created between 1834 and 1837 by bookseller John Lavin who sold maps, guides and stationery. However, his main business was minerals which he bought, sold and exhibited in a museum which was also housed in the building. The Egyptian House was purchased by the Landmark Trust in 1968. The charity specialises in the restoration of buildings of architectural and historic importance and is now let out as 3 separate apartments. To the left is J.A. Treglown & Sons, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents. To the right is the premises of bookseller, Peter Dalwood. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

The fountain lawn, Morrab Gardens, Penzance, Cornwall. 3rd June 1904 Featured Penzance Image

The fountain lawn, Morrab Gardens, Penzance, Cornwall. 3rd June 1904

Morrab Gardens looking towards St Mary's Place and St Mary's Terrace. Two ladies and a man are standing to the right hand side of the fountain. Morrab House was purchased in 1888 by Penzance Corporation for the development of a public park and library. The gardens were designed by Reginald Upcher and officially opened on 27th September 1889. The elaborate cast iron fountain was not included in Upcher's plan of 1889 and comprises a pedestal ornamented with dolphins and cherubs riding tortoises, all of which incorporated water jets. The upper part of the fountain comprises a a finial in the form of a globe surmounted by an otter holding a fish in its mouth which also incorporated water jets. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC