Skip to main content

Home > Places > Probus

Probus Collection

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

45 Items

Background imageProbus Collection: Fore Street looking east towards The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Fore Street looking east towards The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A mixed group of mainly children pose for the photographer, including two people in the upstairs rooms of the Hawkins Arms

Background imageProbus Collection: Looking west down Truck Hill, Probus, Cornwall. 1900s

Looking west down Truck Hill, Probus, Cornwall. 1900s
A view from Fore Street, looking west down Truck Hill. A lady stands in the road holding a baby while two others pose for the camera

Background imageProbus Collection: The Cottage, Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1920

The Cottage, Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1920
A view of the rear of The Cottage, a house in Fore Street near the entrance to the former Probus School. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageProbus Collection: Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Fore Street, looking east, with two young men standing in the road. Photographer: Arthur Philp or Arthur William Jordan

Background imageProbus Collection: General view of Trewithen House showing entrance and side block, Probus, Cornwall. 1967

General view of Trewithen House showing entrance and side block, Probus, Cornwall. 1967
The estate was purchased and developed by Philip Hawkins in 1715 and has remained in the ownership of the family since then. The house is now Grade I listed. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageProbus Collection: Charles Mannell and George Penrose admiring the view at Chapel Rock, Trenowth (near Grampound Road)

Charles Mannell and George Penrose admiring the view at Chapel Rock, Trenowth (near Grampound Road)
This image is mentioned in the Royal Institution of Cornwalls (RIC) Newsletter dated 20th October 1996 " Additions to the photographic collection - one of interest to the RIC taken at Chapel

Background imageProbus Collection: Interior of Probus School, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s

Interior of Probus School, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s
A view of the science laboratory of Probus School which was founded for the middle classes of Cornwall in 1852. The photograph shows work benches, stools and science equipment

Background imageProbus Collection: Golden Manor House, Probus, Cornwall. 1957

Golden Manor House, Probus, Cornwall. 1957
Golden Manor House, also known as Golden Manor Farm, from the front. The Grade II listed building was built for John Tregian around 1520, with later additions

Background imageProbus Collection: Football team, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1930

Football team, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1930
A view of the Probus football team, taken around 1930. The donors grandfather, Leslie George Champion is thought to be in the photograph. Photographer: Possibly Opie Ltd of Redruth

Background imageProbus Collection: Wesleyan Board School, Probus, Cornwall. 1901

Wesleyan Board School, Probus, Cornwall. 1901
A view of the Wesleyan Board School from the road, showing the school bell with the date stone of 1901 underneath. This school replaced the one built in 1866 as a Sunday school

Background imageProbus Collection: The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The Square and cottages just to the east of the entrance to the church yard (just to the right of the photograph), looking into Tregony Road

Background imageProbus Collection: Horse buses in The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Horse buses in The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The Square looking north towards Chapel Street with the Jubilee Lamp on the left. Two horse buses stand outside the Post Office with passengers aboard

Background imageProbus Collection: Chapel Street looking south towards The Square, Probus, Cornwall. 1913

Chapel Street looking south towards The Square, Probus, Cornwall. 1913
A group of girls and a woman walk towards the camera looking at the Feast Decorated houses. The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is on the left in the middle distance

Background imageProbus Collection: West end looking east, Fore Street, Probus. 1900s

West end looking east, Fore Street, Probus. 1900s
A donkey and cart carrying postman pauses to pose with others for the photograph. The workshop with the bicycle and two men standing outside, has a sign hanging above the bicycle

Background imageProbus Collection: Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1913

Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1913
The placard on the cottage reads " Cornwall County Police". The village Police Constable poses for the camera. The lady and the two children are probably the Policemans wife and children

Background imageProbus Collection: Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A view from Fore Street looking south east towards Hawkins Arms Public House and the church beyond. A horse drawn bus, piled high with luggage

Background imageProbus Collection: The Square looking towards the Church of St Probus and St Grace, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The Square looking towards the Church of St Probus and St Grace, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Probus Church has the tallest church tower in Cornwall at 129 ft. A group of boys pose for the camera in front of the church. Mrs H

Background imageProbus Collection: General view of Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 1967

General view of Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 1967
The estate was purchased and developed by Philip Hawkins in 1715 and has remained in the ownership of the family since then. The house is now Grade I listed. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageProbus Collection: Cottage at Trenowth (near Grampound Road) in the parish of Probus, Cornwall. 17th June 1904

Cottage at Trenowth (near Grampound Road) in the parish of Probus, Cornwall. 17th June 1904
Charles Mannell is standing outside the cottage. By 1996 the cottage was called Ralphs Cottage. At this time, the Trenowth Estate was owned by Sir Robert Harvey

Background imageProbus Collection: Sir Robert Harveys bungalow at Trenowth (near Grampound Road) in the parish of Probus, Cornwall

Sir Robert Harveys bungalow at Trenowth (near Grampound Road) in the parish of Probus, Cornwall. 17th June 1904
By 1996 the bungalow had been much altered into two cottages and the cottage on the right named Bat Lodge. Cornishman, Robert Harvey (1847-1930)

Background imageProbus Collection: Fore Street and Hawkins Arms, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Fore Street and Hawkins Arms, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Fore Street looking towards the Church of St Probus and St Grace with the Hawkins Arms in the centre. Photographer: Arthur Philp or Arthur William Jordan

Background imageProbus Collection: The Square and Church of St Probus and St Grace, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The Square and Church of St Probus and St Grace, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The Square looking towards the church from the north side with the Jubilee Lamp in view. A well dressed group stand in Wagg Lane, near the church. Photographer: Canon Henry Holroyd Mills

Background imageProbus Collection: The blacksmiths shop, Probus, Cornwall. Probably 1907

The blacksmiths shop, Probus, Cornwall. Probably 1907
View towards The Square from further east on the St Austell road with John Roberts blacksmiths shop on the left. Workers from the shop and boys pose in the street

Background imageProbus Collection: Children in The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Children in The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The Square looking towards Tregony Road with the Jubilee Lamp on the left. Some children and a man pose for the photographer. Photographer: Samuel John Govier

Background imageProbus Collection: The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Probably 1907

The Square, Probus, Cornwall. Probably 1907
The Square from the entrance to Chapel Street with the Post Office on the right and the church tower, dating from around 1523, on the left

Background imageProbus Collection: Cottages in Probus, Cornwall. Probably 1907

Cottages in Probus, Cornwall. Probably 1907
A row of slate-roofed cottages with front gardens on the northern side of the main street just east of Trunk Hill opposite the old cottage

Background imageProbus Collection: The chapel, Golden Manor Farm, Probus, Cornwall. 10th September 1935

The chapel, Golden Manor Farm, Probus, Cornwall. 10th September 1935
The ancient chapel at Golden Manor Farm, seen from the lawn and partly hidden by a large tree. The Grade II listed Golden Manor Farm, also known as Golden Manor House

Background imageProbus Collection: View from church tower, Probus, Cornwall. 1953

View from church tower, Probus, Cornwall. 1953
View over the village to the north west from the top of the church tower. The China Clay hills can be seen in the far distance. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageProbus Collection: Golden Manor Farm, Probus, Cornwall. 10th September 1935

Golden Manor Farm, Probus, Cornwall. 10th September 1935
A general view of Golden Manor Farm, also known as Golden Manor House. The Grade II listed building was built for John Tregian around 1520, with later additions

Background imageProbus Collection: Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 27th July 1905

Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 27th July 1905
A view of the main facade of Trewithen House with a band on the lawn, who have paused for a break. The occasion is possibly a garden party with ladies and gentlemen listening

Background imageProbus Collection: Interior of Probus School, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s

Interior of Probus School, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s
A view of the dormitory of Probus School which was founded for the middle classes of Cornwall in 1852. The photograph shows beds, tin wash bowls, mugs and towels. Photographer: Ernest Charles Argall

Background imageProbus Collection: Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. July 1935

Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. July 1935
A view of a lady standing amongst the trees in the garden of Trewithen House. The estate was purchased and developed by Philip Hawkins in 1715

Background imageProbus Collection: St Austell Road, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

St Austell Road, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A view along St Austell Road from the north end of the square with Annie Fuglers shop on the left. A group of children dressed in hats and aprons are playing in the road with hoops and a wheelbarrow

Background imageProbus Collection: Chapel Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Chapel Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A view north along Chapel Street from the edge of the square. Annie Fuglers shop is in the centre. A horse and cart is to the left in Chapel Street. Photographer: Samuel John Govier

Background imageProbus Collection: Main Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Main Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View of the Main Street looking west on the St Austell side of the square. A group of people are standing in the centre of the photograph

Background imageProbus Collection: The Cottage, Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1920

The Cottage, Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1920
A view of The Cottage, a house in Fore Street near the entrance to the former Probus School. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageProbus Collection: The Square and Church of St Probus and St Grace, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The Square and Church of St Probus and St Grace, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The Square from the north west side looking towards the church. A water-carriers horse drawn cart stands on the right with the Jubilee Lamp behind. Photographer: Samuel John Govier

Background imageProbus Collection: Chapel Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Chapel Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A view along chapel street looking south towards the square. A little girl dressed in a hat and coat is standing in the centre of the road. A group of boys can be seen in the distance

Background imageProbus Collection: Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1913

Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1913
A view looking east towards the centre of the village. Truck Hill is behind the camera. A number of people pose for the camera including two men from Thomas J

Background imageProbus Collection: Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Fore Street, Probus, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A mixed group of adults and children gather to pose for the photograph being taken from outside the The Hawkins Arms, public house. Photographer: Samuel John Govier

Background imageProbus Collection: General view of Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 1967

General view of Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 1967
The estate was purchased and developed by Philip Hawkins in 1715 and has remained in the ownership of the family since then. The house is now Grade I listed. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageProbus Collection: Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 27th July 1905

Trewithen House, Probus, Cornwall. 27th July 1905
A view of the main facade of Trewithen House with two groups of ladies on the lawn. The estate was purchased and developed by Philip Hawkins in 1715

Background imageProbus Collection: Golden Manor House, Probus, Cornwall. 1957

Golden Manor House, Probus, Cornwall. 1957
Golden Manor House, also known as Golden Manor Farm, from the front. The Grade II listed building was built for John Tregian around 1520, with later additions

Background imageProbus Collection: Chapel converted to a barn at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925

Chapel converted to a barn at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925
The granite pillars in the farm yard came from the old Truro Market House. Glass lantern slide from a lecture, entitled Some Historic Cornish Beauty Spots

Background imageProbus Collection: The Manor House at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925

The Manor House at Golden, Probus, Cornwall. Around 1925
The manor house is also known as Wolveden. Cuthbert Mayne, a Roman Catholic priest in the reign of Elizabeth I, was captured here and executed in 1577


All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping