Skip to main content
[email protected]
Image Licensing since 2004

St Constantine chapel remains, St Merryn, Cornwall. 1906

Please Select A License Option

Flat fee up to A2 size

Flat fee up to A2 size

^ Please refine your license choice

Other options available, please contact us for more details

A view of the ruins of the shale and slate stone medieval St Constantine chapel with two men standing to the side. The chapel is Grade II listed, and was excavated from a large grass covered sand dune which still surrounds it. It is orientated east-west and consisted of a tower at the west end, nave, chancel and south aisle. The men are possibly the photographers R. Arthur Thomas and John Charles Burrow. Photographer: Herbert Hughes

Copyright © From the collection of the RIC

Media ID 19292982

Date: 19th September 2019

County: Cornwall

Location Name: 50.530483, -4.983143

: TRURI : EMERn.3

Image Size: 8184 x 6213 Pixels

Filesize is 13.02MB

Associated Categories: St Merryn

Keywords: archaeology, architecture, building, church, constantines, cornish, ecclesiastical, excavations, prayer, religion, religious, ruin, slate, stone, tower, west, worship