Skip to main content
[email protected]
Image Licensing since 2004
 

Victoria Gardens, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1900

Please Select A License Option

Flat fee up to A2 size

Flat fee up to A2 size

^ Please refine your license choice

Other options available, please contact us for more details

A group of children sitting on a park bench by the bandstand in Victoria Gardens. In the background can be seen the Parish church of St George the Martyr, built in 1855, with the vicarage to the right. The chimney stacks of Carvedras Smelting Works, with Carvedras House in front, are clearly visible. Isambard Kingdom Brunel's original timber fanned viaduct is on the right hand side of the photograph. This viaduct was replaced by an all stone structure which opened on 17th August 1902. Truro Railway Station can be seen on the skyline. Victoria Gardens was created to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897. Photographer: Unknown.

Copyright © From the collection of the RIC

Media ID 19190555

Date: 8th August 2019

County: Cornwall

Location Name: 50.263195, -5.051041

: TRURI : TRUpvg.14

Image Size: 6685 x 6135 Pixels

Filesize is 5.18MB

Associated Categories: Truro

Keywords: city, cornish, fountain, garden, park, parks, rail, railway, recreation, scene, street, tin, transport, victorian