Skip to main content

A view over Truro, Cornwall from the south east with the uncompleted cathedral. Between July 1903 and February 1904

Please Select A License Option

Flat fee up to A2 size

Flat fee up to A2 size

^ Please refine your license choice

Other options available, please contact us for more details

Truro from the south east with a view of the incomplete cathedral. The central tower, shown in place, was completed in July 1903 but the western towers, which were opened in 1910, are still under construction. The new Carvedras Viaduct can be seen on the left hand side of the photograph. The all stone structure replaced Isambard Kingdom Brunel's original timber fanned viaduct in 1902. Brunel's original stone and timber Moresk Viaduct (also known as the Truro viaduct) can be seen on the right hand side. It was replaced by an all stone structure which opened on the 14th February 1904. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Copyright © From the collection of the RIC

Media ID 19056691

Date: 8th June 2019

County: Cornwall

Location Name: 50.263195, -5.051041

: TRURI : TRUgv.27

Image Size: 8350 x 6099 Pixels

Filesize is 11.62MB

Associated Categories: Truro

Keywords: buildings, cornish, general, scene, street, town, urban, view