Building the HTP warehouse on Malpas Road, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1911
Warehouse being built for HTP (Hosken, Trevithick and Polkinhorn), who were agricultural and grain merchants. View of the frame of the building with scaffolding and gangs of workers, including possibly a supervisor wearing a bowler hat in the centre of the photograph. Some workers are standing precariously on the top girder and many are holding the tools of their trade. The architect was Alfred J. Cornelius and the warehouse was completed in 1911. The building was later converted into 9 apartments as part of the Poltisco Wharf development. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan.
© From the collection of the RIC