Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Edwardian Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 206 pictures in our Edwardian collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


The Rectory, Rectory Road, St Stephen in Brannel, Cornwall. Early 1900s Featured Print

The Rectory, Rectory Road, St Stephen in Brannel, Cornwall. Early 1900s

The family of Canon H.H. Mills playing tennis at the rear of The Rectory on a summer's day. Three younger men and a young woman play while three older women and an older man in a chair watch. All the older women watching the game are holding Croquet Mallets. This is the same family group that are in TRURI: SEBgv.8 and TRURI: SEBgv.9. Canon Henry Holroyd Mills lived at The Rectory between 1906 and 1925. According to the 1911 Census, members of the family and servants were: Henry Holroyd Mills, Clergyman, 50 years; his wife, Edith Annie Mills, 47 years; a first cousin, Mary Virginie Mills, 46 years, single; a visiting nephew, Richard Frith Quinton, 22 years, single; a cook, Ada Jane Blewett, 22 years, single; a parlour maid, Lilian B. Yelland, 23 years, single; a housemaid, Gladys Marshall Reynolds, 17 years, single. Photographer: Canon Henry Holroyd Mills

© From the collection of the RIC

Gwennap Pit, Busveal, Cornwall. 1909 Featured Print

Gwennap Pit, Busveal, Cornwall. 1909

A service at Gwennap Pit. An open air amphitheatre near Redruth made famous by John Wesley the founder of Methodism. John Wesley first visited Gwennap Pit on 5th September 1762. At this time it was described as a relic of mining activities in the area, with a rock face covered in vegetation by the 1760s. In 1766 Wesley described it as "a round green hollow gently shelving down" and as "a natural amphitheatre". In November 1806 a mining engineer Richard Michell of Gwennap and four mine Captains: John Martin, John Dennis, W. Davey and T. Trestrail met at Busveal and agreed to repair Gwennap Pit or rather reconstruct the amphitheatre in respect to and in memory of John Wesley who had died in 1791. Between 1762 and 1789 John Wesley preached at Gwennap Pit eighteen times. The amphitheatre has twelve staged rings top to bottom. It is claimed that walking around all twelve levels top to bottom is equal to one mile and that it can hold 1,500 people. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

A general view of Cadgwith, Cornwall. Late 1800s Featured Print

A general view of Cadgwith, Cornwall. Late 1800s

A hand coloured view over the village of Cadgwith. The slide shows what look like two medieval strip field systems on the side of the hill at the far side of the village. The five strips on the left are clearly still being cultivated at the period the photograph was taken. Whereas, the two strips above the white cottages to the right of the picture have fallen out of use and are over grown. Hand coloured slide by W.C. Hughes, Brewster House, London. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC