[email protected]
Image Licensing since 2004
 

Scene Gallery

Available to buy for immediate use

Choose from 63 pictures in our Scene collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Image

Lower Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1911

A view of Lower Lemon Street looking from Lemon Bridge towards Farrow's Bank and the Red Lion Hotel in Boscawen Street. The street is decorated with flags and garlands, possibly for the Coronation of George V in 1911, or maybe for the Bath and West Show which was held in Truro in 1913. There are lots of people in the street, looking very well dressed, together with a policeman, and two maids looking out of an upstairs window in the Royal Hotel at 82 Lemon Street. There is also a motor car driving through. The Cathedral can be seen in the background. Photographer: Arthur Philp.

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured Image

A donkey and cart in Market Square, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Market Square (or Commercial Square) with the Wellington Hotel in the background. There are four carts in the picture. The horse drawn cart has a boy driver, while on the donkey cart the young boy has the reins in his hands, but is being supervised by the old man wearing an old fashioned patched farm smock. The young girl on the left is wearing a white smock over her clothes and shading her eyes from the sun to look at something across the square. What looks like a market stall is behind the cart with wicker baskets as it's load. Part of the A.K. Hamilton Jenkin collection. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured Image

Freemasons' Hall, formerly the Convocation Hall of the Duchy Palace, Quay Street, Lostwithiel, Cornwall. Early 1900s

A view of Freemasons' Hall, also known as Duchy Palace, Stannary Palace and Shire Hall, from the corner of Quay Street and Fore Street. A young boy, carrying a case and basket, stands for the photographer. The Duchy Palace was built by Edmund Earl of Cornwall in 1292. In 1337, when the Black Prince became the Duke of Cornwall, he made the Palace his administrative centre, where the Courts, Treasury, Maritime offices and the tin industry were run from. The building, made from local stone, once reached along the quay much further than today, but it was badly damaged during the Siege of Lostwithiel in 1644. The remaining building, seen in the photograph, was formerly the Convocation Hall of the Duchy Palace. The hall was sold to the Freemasons in 1878, who carried out restorations and alterations. When the building was purchased by The Prince's Foundation (formerly the Prince's Regeneration Trust) in 2009 it was on the Buildings at Risk Register. The hall has since been developed into a business and retail space to benefit the local community and economy. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC