Skip to main content
emoji_people
Please order early for Christmas to avoid disappointment. More details here...
card_giftcard
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Street Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 68 pictures in our Street collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Market Square, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Around 1910 Featured Print

Market Square, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall. Around 1910

An almost deserted view of Market Square (or Commercial Square) at St Just in Penwith. It shows J. Matthews shop, the King's Arms, the Wellington Hotel and St Just Church. Two girls are standing in front of the shop on the left hand side and there is a policeman standing with another man in the doorway of the Wellington Hotel. Alfred Oats was the innkeeper at The Kings Arms from 1906-1919 according to Kelly's Directory. Part of the A.K. Hamilton Jenkin collection. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

View of St Ives with the railway station in foreground. Around 1880 Featured Print

View of St Ives with the railway station in foreground. Around 1880

The St Ives branch was opened on 1st June 1877, by the GWR as successors to the West Cornwall Railway. The stonework of the railway buildings still appears very fresh in this view, which cannot have been taken much later. A slightly different view of a similar date appears in the G.W.R. Journal Special Cornish Issue 1992. The permanent way consisted of 76 Ib bullhead rail in 35 Ib cast iron chairs on cross sleepers, and unlike the mixed gauge main line, was broad gauge only. The viaduct to the right of the picture had three openings of 40 feet and seven of 20 feet, wrought iron girders being carried on masonry piers. The curved station building has a certain Brunelian feel about it, even though completed some 18 years after his death. A small signal box is provided to operate the typical G.W.R. semaphore signal. Two coaches stand in the station, another further along, and what appears to be a saloon at the far end. All are in two colour livery. Goods waggons in the picture consist of about seven opens and three vans, the limited goods traffic being reflected by the small yard of only two short sidings in addition to the two lines through the station. There was also a small engine shed just out of shot to the right. at this date the pilchard industry was at its height, and boats appear everywhere, on the beach, under the viaduct, in front of houses, on the slope behind, and next to the signal box. The image was certainly taken before 1888 as the wooden pier is still in good condition and the quay has not yet been lengthened. Photographer: Edward Ashton

© From the collection of the RIC

The Lander Monument, Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s Featured Print

The Lander Monument, Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably early 1900s

A close-up view of the Lander Monument from the top of Lemon Street. A woman with a child in a pushchair stands beside the railings outside 5 Upper Lemon Villas while a man stands next to the town house at 1 Falmouth Road. The Lander Monument was erected at the top of Lemon Street in 1835. The column was designed by Philip Sambell, who had overcome the difficulty of being born deaf to become a distinguished architect. The Monument celebrates the discoveries, including the discovery of the source of the River Niger in 1827, of the Lander brothers, Richard and John. The statue of Richard by Neville Northy Burnard was added in 1852 to commemorate his death during an expedition. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC