[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Architecture Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 113 pictures in our Architecture collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

Christmas lights, Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd November 2018

A view of Royal Cornwall Museum decorated in Christmas lights. The lights were switched on the day before at the same time as the City of Lights, Truro's midwinter lantern festival, moved through the streets. The museum, art gallery and library was officially opened by the Prince of Wales on 11th June 1919. Prior to this date, the collections of the Royal Institution of Cornwall had been housed in part of the former home of the Vivian family in Union Place, Truro. The main part of the museum building seen today was formerly Truro Savings Bank, built in 1847. The Savings Bank closed in 1894 and became Henderson's School of Mining in 1897. The School of Mining closed in 1907 and the Royal Institution of Cornwall purchased the building in 1908 to house their growing collections. The right hand part of the building was formerly Truro Baptist Chapel, built in 1850. The chapel was purchased by the RIC in 1985 as an extension to the museum. Extensive refurbishment and additions followed, including the 'link' building. An upper floor was added to the Baptist Chapel creating the Treffry gallery. The architect of both original buildings was Philip Sambell (1798-1874). Photographer: Nicki Foley.

© RIC, photographer Nicki Foley

Featured Print

RIC200 Events Board, Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 28th February 2018

A view of the events board, advertising RIC200, outside Royal Cornwall Museum. The exhibitions and programme of events ran until January 2019 as part of the Royal Institution of Cornwall's bicentenary celebrations in 2018. The museum, art gallery and library was officially opened by the Prince of Wales on 11th June 1919. Prior to this date, the collections of the Royal Institution of Cornwall had been housed in part of the former home of the Vivian family in Union Place, Truro. The main part of the museum building seen today was formerly Truro Savings Bank, built in 1847. The Savings Bank closed in 1894 and became Henderson's School of Mining in 1897. The School of Mining closed in 1907 and the Royal Institution of Cornwall purchased the building in 1908 to house their growing collections. The right hand part of the building was formerly Truro Baptist Chapel, built in 1850. The chapel was purchased by the RIC in 1985 as an extension to the museum. Extensive refurbishment and additions followed, including the 'link' building. An upper floor was added to the Baptist Chapel creating the Treffry gallery. The architect of both original buildings was Philip Sambell (1798-1874). Photographer: Nicki Foley.

© © RIC, photographer Nicki Foley

Featured Print

Morval House, Morval, near Looe, Cornwall. Around 1890

A view of Morval House from the south west with Morval Parish Church, dedicated to St Wenna, behind. There are two men mowing the lawn with an early lawn mower, one pulling and the other pushing. There are also some people standing by the house, on the right hand side. The Grade I listed building is a large Tudor residence which was once the home of the Glynn, Buller and Kitson families. It was much altered in the 18th and following centuries. The house was much altered in the 18th and following centuries. Photographer: Surgeon Captain John Campbell.

© From the collection of the RIC