Court Barton farmhouse, Lanreath, Cornwall. September 1924
The Jacobean fireplace in the drawing room, or parlour, on the first floor of Court Barton farmhouse. The fireplace, which was subject to restoration in 1899, has a restored four-centred granite arch flanked by elaborate carved oak herms supporting a decoratively carved overmantel with lunettes, three round arches with carved pilasters and decorated spandrels with elaborate heraldic shields within the arches. Court Barton was originally the seat of the Grylls family. Dating from around 1612, it was subject to restoration in 1899. Photographer: Herbert Hughes.
© From the collection of the RIC