[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

City Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 79 pictures in our City collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

Lower Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1911

A view of Lower Lemon Street looking from Lemon Bridge towards Farrow's Bank and the Red Lion Hotel in Boscawen Street. The street is decorated with flags and garlands, possibly for the Coronation of George V in 1911, or maybe for the Bath and West Show which was held in Truro in 1913. There are lots of people in the street, looking very well dressed, together with a policeman, and two maids looking out of an upstairs window in the Royal Hotel at 82 Lemon Street. There is also a motor car driving through. The Cathedral can be seen in the background. Photographer: Arthur Philp.

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured Print

Lemon Bridge, Lemon Quay, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1926

A view looking down Back Quay from Lemon bridge. Four men are standing outside Newton's Hairdresser. A period lorry, with the registration RL 1654, and horse and cart are outside the Market Inn (proprietor Gerald Shaw) and City Hall. A man, standing on the bridge, is looking across the river towards Taylor's Garage and County Coach Factory and Motor Works Garage on Lemon Quay. Truro School is visible in the distance. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan.

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured Print

Princes House and Prince's Garage, Prince's Street, Truro , Cornwall. In or before 1934

Princes House was built for William Lemon in 1739 by the London architect Thomas Edwards. The porch, steps and boundary wall was added in 1891 as designed by Silvanus Trevail. The showroom for H.T.P. Motors Ltd's garage was on Prince's Street and the premises ran through to the workshops on Back Quay. This building was demolished in 1934 when the garage was extended and refurbished. A horse and cart can be seen in front of the garage with a man loading or unloading metal containers. Photographer: Unknown.

© From the collection of the RIC