Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

City Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 79 pictures in our City collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


St Johns Sunday School, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920 Featured Print

St Johns Sunday School, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920

St John's Sunday School at the top of the Infirmary Hill and Lemon Street junction. The Grammar School was housed here between 1877-1880 and the building was demolished in August 1962. The building which was later known as The Thomas Daniell restaurant can be seen on the left hand side. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Gwennap Pit, Gwennap, Cornwall. Probably 1931 Featured Print

Gwennap Pit, Gwennap, Cornwall. Probably 1931

A solitary figure of a man at the bottom of the Pit. There is a house on the right and another building on the left. An open air amphitheatre near Redruth made famous by John Wesley the founder of Methodism, John Wesley first visited Gwennap Pit on 5th September 1762. At this time it was described as a relic of mining activities in the area, with a rock face covered in vegetation by the 1760s. In 1766 Wesley described it as "a round green hollow gently shelving down" and as "a natural amphitheatre". In November 1806 a mining engineer Richard Michell of Gwennap and four mine Captains: John Martin, John Dennis, W. Davey and T. Trestrail met at Busveal and agreed to repair Gwennap Pit or rather reconstruct the amphitheatre in respect to and in memory of John Wesley who had died in 1791. Between 1762 and 1789 John Wesley preached at Gwennap Pit eighteen times. The amphitheatre has twelve staged rings top to bottom. It is claimed that walking around all twelve levels top to bottom is equal to one mile and that it can hold 1,500 people. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC