[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Images Dated > 2018 > February

Images Dated 2018 February

Choose from 166 pictures in our Images Dated 2018 February collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured February Image

Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Treliske House from the entrance drive, taken in summer. This was formerly the home of W. Teague and later became Truro School. Photographer: Arthur Philp.

© From the collection of the RIC

Cornish, Country, Estate, Mansion

Featured February Image

Williams Almshouses, Pydar Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1890s

Inner courtyard with monument and resident ladies. The almshouses were built in 1631 to the memory of Henry Williams, a woollen draper in Truro. Williams died in 1629, bequeathing land and money in a charitable trust for almshouses to be built in Pydar Street to house 10 poor widows. The trust provided them with clothes and 4 shillings per week in money. The almshouses have since been demolished with the plaque moved to the gardens of the senior citizens' bungalows of William's Court, Union Street, Truro, which were built to replace the almshouses. The monument seen in the photograph was relocated to Dairyland Farm World, Tresillian Barton, Summercourt, Newquay. Photographer: Argall.

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured February Image

Royal Cornwall Museum, River Street, Truro, Cornwall. 28th February 2018

A view of Royal Cornwall Museum in the snow. The museum, art gallery and library was officially opened by the Prince of Wales on 11th June 1919. Prior to this date, the collections of the Royal Institution of Cornwall had been housed in part of the former home of the Vivian family in Union Place, Truro. The main part of the museum building seen today was formerly Truro Savings Bank, built in 1847. The Savings Bank closed in 1894 and became Henderson's School of Mining in 1897. The School of Mining closed in 1907 and the Royal Institution of Cornwall purchased the building in 1908 to house their growing collections. The interior of the building underwent extensive alterations, including the demolition of the rear part to build the main gallery. The west wing was added and named the Barham wing, in memory of the late Dr Barham. This now houses the Rashleigh and Philbrick galleries. The east wing, now housing the Bonython and De Pass galleries, was added in 1929. The right hand part of the building was formerly Truro Baptist Chapel, built in 1850. The chapel was purchased by the RIC in 1985 as an extension to the museum. Extensive refurbishment and additions followed, including the 'link' and the Philbrick Memorial wing at the rear facing the Leats. An upper floor was added to the Baptist Chapel creating the Treffry gallery. The architect of both original buildings was Philip Sambell (1798-1874). Photographer: Nicki Foley.

© © RIC, photographer Nicki Foley