Skip to main content

Britain Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 8 pictures in our Britain collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Chysauster, Gulval, Cornwall. 1959
Chysauster, Gulval, Cornwall. 1959
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Queen Anne Silver Shilling, England
Queen Anne Silver Shilling, England
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Copper Alloy Pre-decimal One Penny (1d) Coin, England
Copper Alloy Pre-decimal One Penny (1d) Coin, England
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Queen Victoria Jubilee Head Silver Crown, England
Queen Victoria Jubilee Head Silver Crown, England
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Gold Electrotype of the Juxon Medal, England
Gold Electrotype of the Juxon Medal, England
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Roman Republic Silver Denarius
Roman Republic Silver Denarius
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Military General Service Medal, 1793-1814
Military General Service Medal, 1793-1814
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Carnival at Perranporth, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Probably 1920s
Carnival at Perranporth, Perranzabuloe, Cornwall. Probably 1920s
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Military General Service Medal, 1793-1814 Featured Print

Military General Service Medal, 1793-1814

This medal was awarded to Captain G.J. Call in 1848, together with the clasp CUIDAD RODRIGO'. It is one of 17 campaign medals awarded to members of the Call family, now in the museum collection. The medals date from the Peninsular War (1807-1814) to the Great War (1914-1918). The Call family served with the Royal Irish Regiment, which until 1881 was known as the 18th Regiment of Foot. It was also known as the 18th (Royal Irish) Regiment of Foot and the 18th (The Royal Irish) Regiment of Foot. The regiment was disbanded in 1922. The medal, sometimes called the Peninsular Medal, was approved on 1st June 1847 as a retrospective award for various military actions from 1793-1814. Cuidad Rodrigo in Spain was a key border fortress during the Peninsular War, 1808-1814. It was the site of a 10 day siege by the Duke of Wellington and his troops in January 1812. Designed by William Wyon, the obverse of the circular silver medal bears the head of Queen Victoria with the inscription VICTORIA REGINA 1848. The reverse depicts Queen Victoria placing a wreath on the head of the Duke of Wellington with the inscription TO THE BRITISH ARMY 1793-1814'. The rim is inscribed with the recipient's name, rank and regiment. The ribbon is crimson with vertical stripes of blue. TRURI : 1931.40.41

© RIC, photographer Mike Searle