Skip to main content
[email protected]
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Joyce Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 140 pictures in our Joyce collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972 Featured Print

Medieval Remains at Lower Greadow Farm, Luxulyan, Cornwall. 1972

Lower Greadow Farm, showing the remains of a medieval monastery building which belonged to Tywardreath Priory. The farm is in Luxulyan Parish and the parish boundary runs close to the eastern side of the farm. According to 1888 and 1908 Ordnance Survey maps it was known as Lower Gready. Two nearby farms to the east were known as Middle Gready and Higher Gready, both of these being east of the parish boundary in Lanlivery Parish. At some time since then the word Gready has been changed to Greadow. A granite stone outside Higher Greadow Farm still reads Higher Gready Farm. A young boy looks at the photographer from the doorway of the farmhouse. An aerial view from Google Maps (2019) suggests that some of the remains have since been removed. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

The eastern end of Fore Street, St Austell, Cornwall. 1970 Featured Print

The eastern end of Fore Street, St Austell, Cornwall. 1970

Fore street at the junction with North Street (with a car approaching the junction), Market Street and Church Street, where the photograph is taken from. Holy Trinity Church and churchyard are just out of picture to the right. The corner of the building with "To Car Park" attached is above the former site of the Mengu Stone from Menacuddle Street which is now in the churchyard. The Mengu Stone has always been noted as marking the boundary point of the three manors of Trenance, Treverbyn and Tewington listed in the Domesday Survey. St Austell as a settlement did not exist in 1086 - only the manor lands were recorded. The name of the first settlement here was Trenance or Trenance Austol. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

The Egyptian House, Chapel Street, Penzance, Cornwall. 1974 Featured Print

The Egyptian House, Chapel Street, Penzance, Cornwall. 1974

A view of the Egyptian House in Chapel Street. The Egyptian House was created between 1834 and 1837 by bookseller John Lavin who sold maps, guides and stationery. However, his main business was minerals which he bought, sold and exhibited in a museum which was also housed in the building. The Egyptian House was purchased by the Landmark Trust in 1968. The charity specialises in the restoration of buildings of architectural and historic importance and is now let out as 3 separate apartments. To the left is J.A. Treglown & Sons, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents. To the right is the premises of bookseller, Peter Dalwood. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf